It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

andreanna HB User
Good news and inconclusive news.... ?

First you were all right the procedure was a breez I got the injection said wow that works quick and then I woke up and it was over LOL.

Well for anyone wondering how the 28 pill prep works my experience is not good enough. As per my post Colonoscopy limited results I was full of poop. The pictures proved that. I dont get it, I went for hours and hours I was still going this morning and it was almost clear ( slightly yellow) clear fluid no pieces of anything. I should have been fully cleaned out in my opinion.

Anyway so they said my DR will give me full results and let me know how she feels about still being full of bowel matter. Nurse told me the Dr did most likely attempt to push aside bowel matter to see everything though. But of course this was just the post op nurse so it was only preliminary findings. She couldn't tell me if he saw enough or didnt see enough.

What they did tell me they found was some substantial sized internal hemorrhoids. Which may or may not have prevented me from going to the bathroom on my own for 2 months. Or they could have been caused by my straining to go for 2 months daily, even during the prep too. She also said there was nothing I could do about those but I will ask Dr about that anyway.

So good news is I dont think it is anything serious ( Cancer) or else they should have been able to see it even through bowel matter right? Do you think they should have been able to see polyps or tumors through fecal matter? The pictures looked like I hadn't gone at all. I almost looked FULL of fecal matter in some spots. Kind of odd to see pictures of it. I dont think there is anything but hemorrhoids near the rectum becasue that area appeared clear to me.

I get my blood work back and see the Dr for a full report on the 24th so I hope it is all good news and I dont have to go back again. Thank you all again. I will update when I have any news. Any info or opinions on this would be appreciated. And I do fully understand it is just an opinion and not a medical diagnosis.

I wish you all the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread