It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 04:19 AM   #1
(male)

musicmork HB User
Upper gluteal cleft (buttcrack) is bleeding

I was having a fairly good night. I was NOT symptom searching and was actually beginning to relax a bit...and THEN...I felt some soreness and pain in my buttcrack or gluteal cleft. It was high up ...maybe an two inches from the top....by my tailbone.

I went to wipe with a baby wipe ( I use them a lot) and noticed a small amount of blood. I wiped again and noticed some more blood...(very small amount).
I ran to grab my digital camera and very clumsily took pictures of it.
When I uploaded the pics ..I could see a linear breakage ( about a 1-2 inch line on the skin and ulceration). I was kind of surprised that it was so high up. I tried not to freak out...but then I started looking up possibilities on the internet. Well that opened a nice new ugly can of worms for me.

In my searches I found nothing very conclusive but somehow got diverted to colon cancer again...and was wondering if I have colon cancer that spread from the rectum to my tail bone and that is causing me to have this bleeding sore in between my buttocks???

Then..I looked at a website with the colon cancer symptoms again..(early and late symptoms) and compared it to the Ulcerative Colitis symptoms and realized that I matched almost every cc symptom and only a few UC symptoms.

So now I am sitting here..having been up ALL night long...with a lot of questions for the doctor and wondering what to do about my new sore.....or how to treat it.

Now it is true that I do have a fistula ...but that is located way down by the anus (or perianal).

This new thing is much higher up in the cleft.

Well...there goes my relaxed evening. Now I have more to worry about and my doctor is OUT of the office for ten days while making his hospital rounds.

Oh and...I have been using Analpram (topical corticosteroid) cream around my anus and into the rectum for pain management (as prescribed by my doctor).

That's all for now. I just applied ANALPRAM to the area and I'm gonna TRY to get some sleep.

Has anyone had this happen? Is there anything to worry about?

Mark

Last edited by musicmork; 08-27-2006 at 04:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User
Re: Upper gluteal cleft (buttcrack) is bleeding

Mark:
Sounds as though you may have developed a fissure, or something like it. NO BIGGIE, unless it's really deep, which you didn't mention. In many situations they heal on their own. Analpram is a steroid, as you said, and with prolonged use thins the skin. So be careful with it.

If I were you, I would be using a tripple antibiotic ointment such as "Neosporin plus" which has a pain reliever in it. The generic version is fine. You can also put the steroid on first.

Good Luck. It should close up within a week or so.

~CancerDad

Old 08-27-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
(male)

musicmork HB User
Re: Upper gluteal cleft (buttcrack) is bleeding

Hi CD,

I guess a fissure is possible. It's a tear but there is some bleeding...but not much at all. I can't really say how deep it is right now because I have cream on it. There is only pain if I sit a certain way or if I press on it. But the pain is not the kind that makes you jump out of your seat. Right now as I sit here typing there is no pain at all. BUT I do feel tenderness from my almost ALWAYS swollen tummy and love handles...ugh. I'm gonna call my gastro doc's office tomorrow (even though he's gone all week)...and see if one of the TEN other gastroenterologists can get me in and have a look.
What do you think about my concern with cc?
Many people seem to think I am jumping way too far ahead EVEN though I have all the symptoms of..well you know.

Meanwhile how are you doing? What's you situation right now?

Mark

Closed Thread