It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
(male)

musicmork HB User
Please help me ...I have all these symptoms and am worried because...

I have all these symptoms:
Constant narrowing of stool (been going on for a long time and only getting thinner))
Rectal pain (fairly new symptom maybe 3 months)
Abdominal distension (had it for 8 years)
Blood(had it for 8 years)
Change of bowel habits ( changed a lot over the years but in recent months is more worrysome...I sense a blockage)
Fatigue/Tiredness (yes recent months)
Flaulance or gas (very often)
Weightloss (definitely a recent thing ...maybe 2 weeks to a month....my girlfriend thinks it's because I am not eating from extreme worry..anxiety..stress...etc).

Here's my big problem......MOST of the websites are saying that these symptoms are present when the disease is in the "well advanced" stage.

What exactly does that mean? "Well advanced stage"? Is this always true?
Is it a death sentence? Can anyone relate?

I am so scared. I can't sleep again.

Please help to enlighten me. I just got done crying in my girlfriend's arms for a half an hour.

Mark

Last edited by musicmork; 09-05-2006 at 01:56 AM.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Please help me ...I have all these symptoms and am worried because...

Mark I am sorry you are so down, Try not to worry yourself!!
How are getting on with the prep>>>>>Pooing yet??
This time tomorrow you will be fine...Mandy
Mark please calm down I have all your symptom and more,
And I don't have (Bowel cancer)
Get back to me and let me know how you are doing!!
be strong you will make it xxx

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 09-05-2006 at 07:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #3
(female)

Anders HB User

Mark,

I truly hope you are doing your prep work today. Yes you have ALL these symptoms, the truth is it MAY or MAY NOT be due to cancer. Stress can cause alot of these same symptoms The colonoscopy will give you a definitive answer.

IF you have cancer, it may not be as as bad as you think. The truth is, web sites will list all symptoms, these same symptoms will be listed for other medical issues as well. Please get that colonoscopy you have scheduled.

You have a chance to find your answer. I TRULY hope you are doing the prep today. Good luck.

Lee

Old 09-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

If you've had these symptoms for 8 years, it's not cancer. You'd be dead by now!!! So, relax...you have nothing to worry about!!!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
(male)

musicmork HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintrock
If you've had these symptoms for 8 years, it's not cancer. You'd be dead by now!!! So, relax...you have nothing to worry about!!!!!

I have only had half of them for 8 years due to my UC.

The recent months have brought new symptoms...such as the rectal pain,fatigue,weight loss, some episodes of fecal incontinence,and the feeling that after a bowel movemnet the stool would feel like some of it was still stuck in me. So yes...I think I have a lot to worry about.
My question was actually about why websites call these symptoms of the disease when it is "well advanced".
Is this true?

Last edited by musicmork; 09-05-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
(male)

musicmork HB User

There is one big problem I am addressing. Over the weekend I had an episode on Saturday morning with my heart. My heart went wild for 60 minutes until I had to take my Inderal and it eventually stopped palpitating and racing. Well..this was something quite scary so instead of having an ambulance come for me...I had my girlfriend come home early from work. She and I called my cardiologist and he said for me to go to the ER and he will try to get me into the hospital. So we packed my bags and later on we went to the ER. When the hospital finally called my cardiologist ...he wasn't around but his associate was covering for him. I was there Saturday late afternoon for blood work and ekg and they wanted to keep me overnight for observtion and more testing.
Then the plan was to give me a stress test and an echo cardiogram.
Well..having not slept but an hour in the last two days I was beyond exhausted and asked them if I will be able to sleep and they said yes.
So I signed in for overnight stay and lo and behold...I was woken twice while I was nodding off because a nurse had to take more blood. Along came several more interruptions so..the result was I had maybe 15 minutes of sleep and when the morning came I could hardly see straight. It was awful and this ER doctor was very rude to me because I told him that I wanted to get some sleep and that there is no way I could get on a treadmill. I was also afraid of having an urgency on the treadmill and pooping right there.
So he called my cardiologist and woke him up and then I called my cardiologist and he scolded me saying that I was not complying. Well..that ER doctor was a real jerk to me. I told my cardiologist the whole story and he said it sounds like I need more help than he could offer...but to make an appointment asap for his office to do a stressand echo.
Now another problem I have heart-wise has been some arythmias.
(Naturally none of my symptoms showed up at the hospital but came right back while at home).
Last night I was talking to my girfriend trying to decide what to do. I know that the prep is gonna cause me heart problems and possibly the test as well.
So I was going to get the cardiac tests first and then when the all clear is given to me by my cardio I could have the colonoscopy.

Sure it may "seem" like I am avoiding the scope...but in truth I am afraid to do anything stupid as I was told by the hospital to have the heart tests completed. So here I sit wondering how I can do both and time is getting short and I already recieved a voicemail from the gastro office girl wanting me to call back to confirm tomorrow's colonoscopy.

This is what happens when there is no communication between my gastroenterologist and myself outside of an office visit.
They NEED to know what's going on with me.

Last edited by musicmork; 09-05-2006 at 10:47 AM.

Closed Thread