It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
(female)

trish2 HB User
Colonoscopy

Good evening everyone!

First, I would like to say what a wonderful, amazing, supportive group of people reside here on this board! You are all so caring and supportive. Thank you all for your time and efforts to share your opinions and stories with me over the past month or so. I cannot stress how much I appreciate all of you.

Colonoscopy was very easy this time. They were actually running ahead of schedule and the doctor's surgery nurse kept coming to get me from the prep area. Made me a bit nervous but I did get to speak to the dr and assure him that I had stopped the Coumadin and I wanted him to do biopsies or remove polyps with this procedure and not to wait. They gave me a heavier sedative this time because I kept waking up last time wih the Versed. This anethesia began with a D but I have never heard of it. I was talking to the anesthesiologist and he asked me how I felt right after they began the IV and I said woozy and the next thing I remember is waking in recovery. While this may have been heavier, I actually woke up easier.

Anyhow, on to the good news but yet bad (no) news. The Dr. said the colonoscopy did not show any polyps or inflammation (hooray!) and while it showed diverticula, it did confirm the diverticulitis is completely healed. He did not biopsy anything. I wish he would have at least taken a few samples.
He offered no explanation on my symptoms. The last thing he said to me when leaving ( he stuck his head back in) was "Oh, by the way, you do not need another colonoscopy until you are 50!" He sounded so excited to be telling me this news. Isn't this incorrect? I am just turning 37. Should I really wait until I am 50 to have another colonoscopy?

I still have all the symptoms. I am already questioning the colonoscopy.
Did he view the entire colon? Was I cleaned out enough?? Should he have taken a biopsy? Maybe he missed something...Do they usually miss things?

I had 8 bowel movements today and I still have the chronic left, lower quadrant pain. Not sure where to go from here. I am exhausted with doctors and searching for answers.

I believe I owe all of you with a dx a huge apology. I feel quite embarrassed that I was positive I had cancer and then it turns out to be nothing. (at least nothing w/ my colon) Thank you so much for being positive and listening to me whine. You are all so strong and such fighters. True inspirations! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. God does hear and answer.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
~Trish

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Colonoscopy

Hi Trsh, it was such a relief to hear from you. We are always glad when the news is good, though it seems you are not quite convinced! Don't be embarassed about being sure you had cancer and then finding you don't....just celebrate! And let us celebrate with you. I am sure others will agree that we all worry when we cannot hear from someone who has had a colonoscopy. I am sure others will comment on the long time the doctor said you should wait until your next one!

Love and prayers,

Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
(female)

LESLIETOO HB UserLESLIETOO HB User

Trish

That's great that your colonoscopy was clear. I think diverticulitis might be a reason if it flairs up again, not to wait 13 years before your next colonoscopy.

As far as the lower left pain, have you been checked for ovarian cysts, pelvic cysts, fibroids? Have you had any surgeries in the past? It could be adhesions or endometriosis, a narrowing or gravel in the left ureter. If the pain is strongest once a month, that could be when an egg is released.

Keep searching, there has to be an explanation for your discomfort.

Leslie

Last edited by LESLIETOO; 11-03-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
(female)

lalee HB User

That's really good news. so pleased for you

Lalee

Closed Thread