It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
(female)

cancer_lite HB User
need survivor support please

anxious to get on with life

Last edited by cancer_lite; 04-21-2007 at 06:07 AM. Reason: No one answered?

Old 04-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
(male)

ay_tech HB User
Re: need survivor support please

Hi

am glad forthe good news and that u passby this surgrey well, my best wishes to you to get 100% well soon
I know you need supprt but i need your support here too, my bro was diagnosed with rectal cancer tumer (pathology: "invasive moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma, grade II out of III")
the tumor is 4Cms far from anus (according to the colonscopy) and it is almost 7 Cms far from anus (according to the surgreon who made phsyical test).
the CT Scan and blood tests tells there is no spread, the doctor said the tumer looks inside the rectal (which is good as he said)

now he will need chemo and radiation therpay before the surgrey, then surgrey,

my questions to u
- is it life-threatening?
- will they need to remove his anus?

please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Hi cancer-lite,

I myself didn't have rectal cancer, but my dad did. He was diagnosed in June 2005, went through chemo and radiation treatments for 3 months, and had surgery in the end September 2005. He now has a colostomy bag (as they couldn't save his anus), but he has been cancer free since.

He is a changed man. He doens't take any time for granted anymore. He has adopted the attitude to live every day like it is his last because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Hope that helps!

Hi ay_tech,

I am no expert on whether or not his stage is life threatening. All I know is if it hasn't spread then there is a much better chance of survival. Positive thoughts and prayers work wonders.

As far as having his anus removed, it's all going to depend on which direction the tumor shrinks. My dad didn't know whether or not they would be able to save his until he woke up from surgery and found the colostomy bag. I believe my dad's tumor was 4cms from the anus and when his shrunk it went toward his anus rather than away.

My thoughts and prayers are with you cancer-lite and you're brother ay_tech.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
(female)

Beth1970 HB User

My colorectal tumor was 6 cm in and I had the majority of my rectum removed, no ostomy though. I had that surgery in 2003 and sometimes I widh I had gotten the ostomy because I have sooo much trouble with my bowels now without much hope of improvement.

Closed Thread