It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
(male)

Master Yoda HB User
Flat stools...could they be hemorriods?

Hello.

About 4 years ago I was bleeding as I made a bowel movement and ended up getting a colonoscopy...result was bleeding was caused by hemorriods/fissure.

However, for the past 2 years roughly, I notice that some of my bowel movements are flat ...about so I decided to see my gastro doctor...he said it was probably my hemorroids, but did not do any tests.

I notice that my flat stools are more frequent, and majority of my bowel movements are flat stools. Maybe 1 out of 20 movements may have some blood...could be from hemorriod...stools are not black.

Also, I dont know if this is related, but when I lie down when I sleep on my left side, i get pain where my left/side part of my back where my kidney would be.

I am 26 yrs old, and no history in my family of colon/rectal cancer...im thinking of going to see my physician to refer me back to my gastro doctor and maybe get another colonscopy.

Do you think they could be hemorriods?

thanks

Last edited by Master Yoda; 04-25-2007 at 05:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 06:49 AM   #2
(female)

Kim4616 HB User
Re: Flat stools...could they be hemorriods?

I have very frequent flat stools and bleeding myself, and was diagnosed as having hemmoroids and anal fissures, and I am wondering the same thing. As far as pain something I have a very slight one on my left, and my sides hurt when straining, and I have some rectal pain right about my rear. I am going to see my regular doctor on Monday, have already seen my GI doctor, and have a colonoscopy scheduled for the 10th, but does anyone know anything about flat stools, or things that could cause them besides cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim4616 View Post
I have very frequent flat stools and bleeding myself, and was diagnosed as having hemmoroids and anal fissures, and I am wondering the same thing. As far as pain something I have a very slight one on my left, and my sides hurt when straining, and I have some rectal pain right about my rear. I am going to see my regular doctor on Monday, have already seen my GI doctor, and have a colonoscopy scheduled for the 10th, but does anyone know anything about flat stools, or things that could cause them besides cancer?
I sometimes have them (flat stools) and have internal hemorrhoids also. I believe it may from the hemorroids and when you strain it might constrict the bowel causing it to flatten it out. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
(male)

Master Yoda HB User

im going to probably mention it to my physician next time i see him...if he feels it is right to refer me ill go.

thanks for your input.

Closed Thread