It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

Kris03 HB User
Smile My appointment yesterday...I am OK

My doctor talked to me about my symptoms, did an exam down there and did notice I had an internal hemmroid. She told me with my age (22 yrs old) it was 99.9% unlikely it was a "cancer scare" she adivsed me to take fiber supplements and stool softener twice a day and to see her again in 2 months for a follow up visit as a precaution and see how I am doing. She said as well only if the bleeding continued then a colonoscopy would then be done. She reassured me everything was ok. Just thought I would give you all a follow up on how things went..I feel alot better now!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
(female)

crohnie HB User
Re: My appointment yesterday...I am OK

great news. You should have a colonoscopy anyways

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
(female)

LESLIETOO HB UserLESLIETOO HB User
Re: My appointment yesterday...I am OK

I agree - you absolutely should have a colonoscopy. Internal hemorrhoids can exist along with cancerous or precancerous polyps. I hope those of you who were misdiagnosed because your MD thought you were too young to have colon cancer will relay their experiences here. The Colon Club is loaded with young people (as young as 16) who couldn't possibly have colon cancer but did. There is a calendar called the Colandar put out by the Colon Club that features young men and women with colon cancer. Anyway I sure hope your MD is correct that it is nothing to be concerned about, but the only way to know for sure is to get that colonoscopy - the gold standard of colon screening done.

Leslie

Closed Thread