It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

kelly1230 HB User
rectal bleeding

After I had my first daughter 3 years ago, I had problems with rectal bleeding. Never had problems before in my life until I had kids. Went to a colon rectal surgeon and he diagnosed it as an anal fissure. Took citrucel, wnet back after a month or so, and the problem seemed to be fixed. Didn't have any further problems until, of course, after I had my son last August. Went to the dr. and they did a flexible sigmoidoscopy ...... said I had internal hemroids. They did a ligation and then over the course of the next 6 or 8 wks only had 2 more episdoes of bleeding. At my checkup, they found another internal hemroid and did the ligation again. They said if the rectal bleeding continued they would probably do a colonoscopy just to be on the safe side. That was almost 3 months ago and everything has been fine until tonight. This past weekend, my eating has definitely been poor. I typically try to eat a healhty diet as I'm trying to lose weight, but for the holiday weekend, I ate a lot of junk. Anyways, tonight, I had a large, slightly painful bowel movement, and sure enough there was a tiny spot of red blood on the toilet paper. Nothing in the toilet. I wasn't surprised b/c I could feel the pressure/pain as i was having the bowel movement. Should I be worried? I wouldn't mind even going back to the dr if necessary, but i have 2 small children and getting babysitters is so difficult. Any ideas/advice??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

maya47 HB User
Re: rectal bleeding

The only way you will know for sure what's going on is to have a colonoscopy. While your history shows it's probably your hemorrhoids and your sensitivity in that area, you should get the bleeding checked out once and for all. The fact that it's a little blood doesn't mean it's a little problem. Just because you're younger doesn't mean you can't get colon or rectal cancer. I know you were probably looking for reassurance that it's nothing, but the bottom line is that no one can predict what the problem is without the test. Just read some of the stories on this board.
Let us know what happens!!

Closed Thread