It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

nikkilewis HB User
Exclamation blood on stool, in toilet, and wiping blood - please respond

I'm a 36you female (almost 37). About 6 weeks ago, I noticed blood streaked on my stools. When I wiped, it looked like a lot of blood on the tp. Naturally, I was very scared and pretty freaked out. I went to the bathroom a few more times that day, and there was blood on each stool, though I didn't see as much blood on the TP. I drink a lot of frappacinos (the Starbucks kind that you get at the grocery store). This is a milk product. Because I drink so much of it, I don't go to the bathroom like I should. I don't get "constipated", meaning I don't have hard little "balls" when I have a bm (sorry if TMI). I might go to the bathroom every 4 days or so. Sometimes, when I finally DO go to the bathroom, I'll go 2 or 3 times. It's like it all comes out in one day.

Anyway, I started taking Fiber Choice, and now I only see blood every once in a while. But, the fiber seems to be making my stools larger, which I don't like. This past friday, I went to the bathroom, and when I got up to flush the toilet, there was blood in the water. The entire toilet wasn't red, so I think it was probably just a few drops. After that, I took a warm bath, then inserted a suppository (prepH). Yesterday when I went, there was a little blood on the last stool (it's not DARK blood either - never has been), and there was some bright red blood on the TP, but not much. So again, I did the bath and prepH suppository thing.

I have an appt with my GP on wednesday and will do everything in my power to get a colonoscopy scheduled. I have no history of colon cancer in my family. My first cousin had some benign polyps removed when she was my age, or maybe a tad younger.

What are the chances of this being cancer? I know you guys cannot diagnose me, and I'm not asking you too. I'm just scared b/c I've read stories on here of people my age and younger having cc.

Also, once when I used a suppository, it stung like crazy! Upon insertion, it burned like I don't know what.

I also took a mirror and looked down there a few weeks ago. I don't really know what I was looking for since I've never really looked at this part of my body before. There are no external hemorrhoids. I sort of pulled my anus apart and then saw fresh blood. It wasn't much, but enough for me to know it was there. Could a hemorrhoid or fissure cause this? And would a hem or fissure cause me to feel a burning sensation when I insert a suppository? Like I said, the stinging sensation only happened once, and I've probably used 4 or 5 suppositories.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
(female)

moondoggy HB User
Re: blood on stool, in toilet, and wiping blood - please respond

Dear Nikkilewis,
I would say you are doing exactly the right things. Go to your GP, ask for the colonoscopy. You are right on a lot of counts, younger people do get colon cancer, you could have internal hemorroids, but you need to get answers. The indications that I had that led me to insist on a colonoscopy were exactly like yours, including the stinging from the suppository! My Dr. kept insisting it was just likely hemorroids but I insisted on further investigation, much to his annoyance, and you guessed it, I had a large polyp that was cancerous and already starting to invade the second level of mucosa. I am quite a few years older than you and that put me at a higher risk. I hate it that some Dr.s try to ignore younger people's symptoms and hope you have a good caring Dr. A colonoscopy goes a long way toward peace of mind!

Let us know how you make out.

Moondoggy

Old 09-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Heidi'sMom HB User

Good for you on being proactive on this and seeing your doctor. I wish I would have. Please let us know how everything turns out.

Pam

Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

maya47 HB User

Absolutely, you are doing the right thing. You've obviously done enough reading to know what it COULD be, but you can't be certain without the test. Make sure you insist on the colonoscopy. And let us know what happens!

Closed Thread