It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
(female)

allgirls3 HB User
Day after Colonoscopy

Has anyone else experienced pain the day after Colonoscopy? I had a very hard time passing any air after the procedure and today it hurts (nothing severe) to bend over..I feel rather sore inside. Dr. took a small tissue biopsy (nothing suspicious found other than irritation). IBS as diagnosis.
Is it normal to still feel a bit beat up? Thank you all!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
(female)

bmccrea HB User
Re: Day after Colonoscopy

My abdominal area was not sore, but inside the anus it felt irritated. I guess it was from the tube. I asked my doc if he would use a pediatric size tube, and he did. It is smaller and more flexible. If you feel like it is the colon itself hurting, then it could be from the tube having to go around curves of the colon. Maybe the tube was not very flexible.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

kat62 HB User

I had mine Monday (10/08/07) and I had no problems. The little bit of gas I had was gone that day. I don't think anything was sore. I will say that I have been constipated ever since then though.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #4
(female)

anprdp HB User

Today is only the 10th so most likely your body has not had time to rebuild anything to pass a stool. When you do the prep for a colonoscopy, it literally cleans your intestines out so well that its the picture perfect clean your gums are. So basically, nothing is left. As far as pain after colonoscopy, I have had 3 and never had anything that lasted past that day. It could be the gas, CO2, they pump inside to get a better look which you may have not passed yet. Try walking around and see if this helps or even lying on your stomach with your rear slightly elevated. But, if the pain persists or you have bleeding you need to go to the ER or contact your doctor as colon preforation is a small risk of colonscopies. Good luck.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:19 AM   #5
(female)

allgirls3 HB User

Thank you everyone.
I think the pain was coming from the constipation. Yesterday was my first *normal* day since the procedure on Monday...4 days later. Good news is that all biopsies came back neg. Both stomach and colon.
Thanks for the help and good luck to all!!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
(female)

Kris03 HB User

a few hours after my procedure I took a long nap, I was still a little tired the next day but nothing felt abnormal down there, some gas though, but nothing to worry about, no pain/bleeding, discomfort. I was shocked! I guess everyone is diff. They should give you numbers to call if you have any questions post-procedure.

Closed Thread