It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
(male)

impactzone HB User
Update after lung surgery

Hello all!

Background - Colon cancer 8/06, chemo, pulmonary embolism, liver resection 2/07, chemo... lung mets discovered 10/ 15, lung lobectomy 11/16/07.

Well just got back from Stanford and the lung surgery went well. It was, so far, MUCH easier to come back from than the liver. They got the lobe out and I was in for 5 days. Now its recover and then look at chemo options. The one issue is that there is currently nothing to track. My CEA is under 1.0, I have no other visible lesions, etc. That is great but I talked to my onc and he also believes that follow-up chemo can help with lowering the recurrance rate or time to recurrance. I know I have to think positive but with my history so far, its best to do all I can right now. Thanks to all of you on here, I think of you often and I know each of us fights this alone at times and together at times. I am back to talk to anyone who has questions and try to help as you have helped me.

Thanks

impactzone

Old 11-21-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Update after lung surgery

It is great to have you back and to hear the surgery went well. It sounds as if you are in good spirits and will go the chemo route if that is advised. Do let us know how you are progressing and what decisions you make.

Love,
Alison

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread