It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
(male)

gent1 HB User
My symptoms/your thoughts?

I am a 30 year old otherwise healthy male. For the past few months I have had "weird" bowel movements & heartburn sensation & belching. I saw my primary physician who verified I have external hemmroids and proscribed Prilosec for my heartburn. Since then my belching and heartburn has been somewhat better. I also had blood tests done that returned normal. My doctor attributed the blood to hemmroids, which sometimes shows up on the TP as bright red streaks. I need to clarify that I am not really passing blood per say, but somtimes the stool has what appears to be blood attached to it, for a lack of a better word.

My symptoms are:

-sometimes normal looking stool
-sometimes stringy looking stool/thin stool
-sometimes little blood flakes attached to stool
-no real pain
-very rarely constipated as I make a bowel movement daily

I plan making an appt with a GI doctor to further investigate, but should I be reassured with my PP's diagnosis?

Thanks

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
(male)

gent1 HB User
Re: My symptoms/your thoughts?

Now don't all jump at once to comment people! ( ;

I saw a GI Dr today, he thinks past IV Antibiotics I was on may have wiped out my stomach/intestinal bacteria, and that may be the reason for my weird and pale colored stool. He also thought hemmroids were the likely cause of the blood on my stool as well.

The Dr did throw out colonoscopy as an option, which I said was a must for my own reassurrance. He left that up to me, as he was somewhat indifferent on me getting one (as I don't fit the mold).

So I'm off to get my first colonoscopy early next week..... any advice or comments from people who've had one would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
(male)

gent1 HB User
Re: My symptoms/your thoughts?

I just finished going through MoviPrep for my colonoscopy yesterday evening...that was a real treat! The taste is a mix of pine sol and alka seltzer in my humble opinion. I chugged that down and within an hour was hitting the stool every 20 minutes. It works fast and besides a poor taste wasn't the worst thing I've experienced-just annoying.

Now forward to present time, my Dr calls early in the AM to give the stool sample results. I am positive for C. Diff, which is an infection that is gaining steem these days. If you are not familiar with it, research it. The Dr see's no reason for me to go through the colonoscopy with this positive test result in my stool sample. I am to get on some antibiotics and watch the progress over the next few weeks to see if I improve. The Dr said if we see no improvements, we can than look at getting a colonoscopy. I reluctantly agreed, as I have already gone through the prep for nothing. Since they have some hard evidence, I didn't fight his opinion.

Thats my story for now.

Last edited by mod_007; 06-02-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: replaced censored word

Closed Thread