It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
(male)

jonaton HB User
Possible Hemorrhoid or Cancer?

Basically have what I think is blood on the toilet paper when I use it, and can see it on the stools most of the time. Have had trouble with defecating for a while now, for a good few years, pretty unhealthy due to the circumstances in with I was born (my mom was quite unhealthy when I was born and still is, she has MS), needed a lot of tests done before I was born and also got chicken pocks the day or the day after I was born, had an ear infection when I was born so was unable to speak properly for a long time and I have been diagnosed with CFS when I was a teenager and still continue to have it (I'm 20 atm) so I don't have much energy levels at all.

Would not having those energy levels and not moving around cause an Hemorrhoid? I eat healthy, drink healthy for the most part, don't really eat that much though. I do move around more then the average joe lazy (only weighing around 53kilos, or 116 lbs), have a low attention span so I can't stay in one spot too long, but generally I don't do any serious fitness because of my CFS and don't get much sunlight which isn't good because I have low Vitamin D levels, and I really do have to push myself to get out in the sun more and do a little more soft fitness.

Cancer I heard can do the same thing, make you bleed from your anus when it's anal, just wondering if it is possible that this problem of bleeding has gotten worse because of that type of growth. It first only happened once or twice and since then it has been getting worse and worse over the months (and maybe year, I think it first started within a year).

Last edited by mod_007; 07-25-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Replaced slang expressions - please refer to posting guidlines

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
(female)

WA_LADY HB User
Re: Possible Hemorrhoid or Cancer?

Hemmorhoids are not caused by lack of energy or movement. That doesn't mean that you don't have hemorrhoids but the reasons you listed just don't cause them.

You need to get a few facts straight. Cancer can and oftentimes (but not always) can cause rectal bleeding and no, it is not just from anal cancer. There is a vast difference between anal and colorectal cancer. You could have a tumor in your rectum or somewhat higher up that can cause bleeding just as well as an anal tumor. Generally speaking, the higher up the tumor (in the intestinal tract) the less blood you will see on the stool.

Ok, moving on, you very well might have hemorrhoids and the bad thing is that since many of us do, when a doctor performs a DRE (digital rectal exam) he/she can feel the hemmorhoids. Particularly when a young person comes in with rectal bleeding and the doctor can indeed feel a 'hemorrhoid' the exam is over, a diagnosis is given and there are times when a tumor is missed because of that. A tumor can be mistaken for a hemorrhoid simply based on a DRE. Fecal occult blood tests are not necessarily reliable as some tumors just don't bleed. If you are having these symptoms - blood on the toilet paper and more importantly on the stool, you really need to see a doctor and don't let an exam stop with a DRE. Tumors can and are out of the reach of the doctor's finger and he could think everything is fine when it may not be. Or, as I said earlier, he may think he has found (or maybe truly has) a hemorrhoid and stop searching any more. In addition, a definite link has been established between low vitamin D levels and colorectal cancer - something you should be aware of.
Get yourself into the doctor. Start with some bloodwork to check for anemia and be adamant with your doctor about finding the cause for all of this rectal bleeding. Don't be put off by embarrassement. This could be a serious problem and the only way you are going to find out is to get to the doctors and demand that you get scoped.
Jaynee

Old 07-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
(male)

jonaton HB User
Re: Possible Hemorrhoid or Cancer?

Okay, thanks a lot.

Closed Thread