It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
(male)

Taiwan HB User
I have a large lump, and i am not sure how to seek medical advice.

To start, i am a canadian living in taiwan, and i speak no chinese or taiwanese....so i am very concerned about how to ask for certain things and what tests. I am hoping to find some answers here on what specific tests i should request be done, and i can try and find someone to translate it for me! Please, anything that may be useful.

i am a straight male who is sexually active with my wife, and only her (ever). she is, as far as we can tell, healthy (no stds) and i am also her only sexual partner ever. i am 22 years old.

the last couple days i have had this lump form (rather fast i think). right now it is a fairly hard lump that is sticking out of my (sorry for my lack of proper terminology) "hole". Its inside as well, but also outside. at risk of sounding like a weirdo, i tried putting it back in, which did not work (man thats embarrassing, thank go internet is anonymous!)

When i sit/walk/lay down etc...there is a dull pain most of the time, bearable. Almost rash like, and the lump does feel a little raw. its about 1-2cm wide, and takes over about half of the opening. "going to the bathroom" is no more painful than everyday activities, but i i touch it it is quite painful (still bearable, but really hurts).

in short my symptoms are.
lump in my "area"
sore
has been a little itchy for about a year or 2, on and off...no idea if its normal or not.

now i found this website which made me worry and consider the possibility of cancer.
[url]http://www.mgh.harvard.edu/cancer/crr/types/gi/anal.asp[/url]

Quote:
What are the symptoms of anal cancer?
Symptoms caused by anal cancer are from the tumor taking up space inside the anus, from the tumor bleeding, and from the tumor growing through the anus into nearby tissues. A tumor can cause a blockage or obstruction so the stool cannot pass by easily. This causes pain and a feeling of an incomplete bowel movement. The cancer tissue can bleed as the stool passes over it. The bleeding is seen on the feces or in the toilet. Some symptoms are caused by cancer cells invading into other tissues or putting pressure on nerves. When symptoms occur they include:

* anal pain, especially after a bowel movement
* anal itching
* anal bleeding or discharge
* change in bowel habits
* weakness or tiredness (due to anemia—a low blood count)
* bloody bowel movements
* buttock or perineal pain
* a feeling of not being done after bowel movement

i experience these from that list:
* anal pain, especially after a bowel movement
* anal itching
* change in bowel habits (compared to 3 years ago)
* weakness or tiredness (due to anemia—a low blood count---not sure if thats the reason, but i am tired everyday all day...but it could also be due to my long hours or the fact the temps are 20-30 degrees celsius hotter than i am used to)
* a feeling of not being done after bowel movement

5/8 makes me worry.

what do you guys think? i am hoping to go to a hospital tomorrow, but i really have no idea what specifically i need to ask for. medical tests will probably be understood in english, but i dont think i can communicate my worries well...so i am hoping to gather the specific world wide known tests for the various types of cancers in this area.

I hope to gather information here before telling my wife. my grandmother is dieing badly with ovarium cancer, her uncle is dieing even worse and horribly painful of esophogus cancer, so i dont think she could handle any more. I will be going alone to avoid any emotional setbacks.

thanks for any help! and sorry for my ignorance on the subject!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
(female)

anprdp HB User
Re: I have a large lump, and i am not sure how to seek medical advice.

Sir,
I am pretty positive what you suffer from is a hemorrhoid and nothing else. They itch like crazy when inflammed, are sore and sore to touch, can be painful and raw when you go to the bathroom, and generally uncomfortable. I have several from having children and from IBS. They might even bleed at some point. Sometimes they make me feel like I still have to go from pressure because they are so large and inflammed and I literally have to hold a cold wipe to them to have them ease up some so I can feel comfortable enough to get off the toilet facility. I don't know what they have it taiwan but preperation H or something similar will help. The best medicine I have found is to use flushable wipes and perhaps find Preparation H wipes then after you are clean fold one up and place it over your anus and leave it there as you get up. It might wet through your underwear or your pants but the relief is immense. Try sitz baths as well. I would whole heartedly reassure you it is most likely not cancer related, but just a common occurence in life. Best regards~

Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

Sensation76 HB User
Re: I have a large lump, and i am not sure how to seek medical advice.

Well it probably is just a hemmrhoid but just to be on safe side you should get it checked out. If you dont' know the language then find someone who can go with you to the doctors to translate for you. And if it's just a hemmrhoid the doctor will prescribe some medication to relieve the pain. And if it's not then you know that going in was the right thing to do cause it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Closed Thread