It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

airplanedriver HB User
size of polyps

Hi, My husband just had a colonoscopy yesterday and the dr. found a 9mm size polyp and several smaller ones which he removed. We are waiting on the pathology report and I'm scared. He's only 45. We were shown pictures of them from his test and the large on looked like it was growing right out of the side of the colon wall. It didn't have a stem or neck on it nor did the other smaller one beside it. What is the likelyhood of cancer result? Since they removed it, is it all gone now...? What's next? Please help. Thanks, Airplaindriver

Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
(male)

PCTECH01 HB User
Re: size of polyps

Hi Airplanedriver: My BIL had his colonoscopy performed yesterday and the doctor found 4 polyps which he removed. He performed a quick test on them in the facility and reported they were non-cancerous. He did see a 5th polyp but it was so small that the doctor could not grab hold of it then but will go at it at time of his next colonoscopy in 1 year.

My BIL was diagnosed with colorectal cancer 3 years ago and had major surgury at that time. These new nasty buggers did not show up on the tests then. So, I think we can say colon cancer is slow growing. I think your hubby will be receiving some good news! You folks are in my prayers too.

Peace. PC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

airplanedriver HB User

Well, the pathology report came back as tublarvillious adanoma with a high grade of dysplasia. He has to go back again in a few weeks to have another colonoscopy. The doctor thinks he got it all but who knows... If he got it all then why does he have to go back so soon?

Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
(male)

Jeggles HB User

Dear airplanedriver: The question you asked is one for your husband's surgeon. You will get a variety of answers from a variety of non professionals I am sure and you will be even more uncertain as a result. I recently had a colorectal cancer op and the colonoscopy I had before the surgery identified a number a polyps. My surgeon told me that they are quite common and some people can have them for many years without knowing about them, but then suddenly for unknown reasons one or more of them can turn cancerous. I would suggest that the fact your husband's surgeon wants to have another check is a positive thing as he/she appears to be thorough in the investigation. If your husband didn't have any other signs of abnormality ( blood in stools etc) then I would think that all sounds very positive. Early detection can be the defining difference in the outcome.

I wish you both a happy outcome.

Closed Thread