It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
(female)

kelinnc65 HB User
Lipoma, Cyst & Colon Cancer relation?

I am 43 years old and have recently had a lipoma and cyst on my abdomen removed. One 4 months ago and the other 3 days ago. My mother died of colon cancer when she was 44. I have been getting colonoscopies every 3 years on the advice of my dr. After searching for more information on the lipoma and cyst, it seems there may be some correlation between them and colon cancer. I've been reading about Lynch sydrome (first time I've heard of it). I'm writing to see if anyone out there has experienced skin issues and colon cancer. I'm thinking of changing my colonoscopy screenings to yearly at this point. They have all been normal to date. Thanks for any info.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
(male)

Jeggles HB User
Re: Lipoma, Cyst & Colon Cancer relation?

Dear kelinnc65, I have recently been operated on for colon/rectul cancer and had a few lymph nodes removed also as a precaution as these can harbour abnormal cells which can end up in other parts of the body and thus 'seed' new cancer growth. It is well known that cysts in the colon (called polyps) are quite common and can remain dormant/non cancerous for years, then suddenly can turn cancerous. Early detection of these polys can be through colonscopy examination and they can often be removed
without surgey through the anus. I had several of these polyps and one had turned malignant causing my cancer which for the most part was not detected by me outwardly until it got to stage three when I started seeing signs of small blood discharge etc. As early detection is the secret to successful treatment in most cases then regular check-ups are the best option before there are outward signs; particularly if there is a family history. I have lost three family members thru bowel cancer so I should have been on to it earlier but........it cost me about 30cm of my large bowel along with all the traumor of chemo and radiation. Early/regular checks may have saved me from all that???

I wish you all the very best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread