It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
(female)

ventcrew HB User
Red face Well here goes: Rectal Skin Tags

:Hello everyone,

This is very embarrassing but everytime I have a bowel movement out pops something and when I wipe it bleeds and I have to manually push it back in. I have had this for years and have had colonoscopy's done on a regular basis (every 3 to 5 years) according to doctors orders. My last colonoscopy was Dec 2006. My doctor has told me over and over again that they are just skin tags on the inside that come out and they are fine. I did have one polyp that was removed and came back fine. Now for the new thing. Just today after my bowel movement same scenario but now water was red with blood. You can tell when I wiped that it is coming from those skin tags. I push it back up and no problems. I am never in pain, only if they do not go back up. My doc knows that they bleed and all of this except for the blood in the toilet. I am calling monday to make an appt. Any ideas out there to calm my mind that this is not rectal cancer. Or anyone else with similar problems sure would be nice to hear from.

Thank You

Karen

Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

anprdp HB User
Re: Well here goes: Rectal Skin Tags

Karen,
I am not a GI doctor of course, but this sounds a lot more like internal hemorrhoids than simple skin tags. Internal ones tend to pop out with pressure and then receed back in on their own. Pressure from bowel movements that are hard and child birth pushing can form them. I have the same problem. They also bleed and the bleeding can get worse as time passes or the more constipated you become. Are your bowel movements constipated? If so increasing drastically the amount of fiber in your diet as well as the amount of water you drink can help with your problems. And add fiber supplements. Try not to use laxatives due to the abuse of laxatives can lead to you not being able to go on your own over long periods of time. Your next step would be hemorrhoid surgery and I was also approached with this. I declined as I know this is a painful recovery and unless I am bleeding to death, I don't want it. And that is saying alot for me as I have had 14 surgeries.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

You might consider trying a product like Anurex. It seems kind of strange and unpleasant when you find out what it is and how it works. Sort of like an internal ice pack. But it really helped to heal things up for me. It's not too expensive, about $35 with shipping.

P. S. edited to add: you don't have cancer.

Last edited by esker; 05-02-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: add something

Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

ventcrew HB User

Thank you both so much for responding, it makes me feel alot better. I am not at all constipated. I take metamucil daily (docs orders) cause of diverticuli. Other than this I have absolutely no problems. I will call on Monday and see when i can get in. I have absolutely no pain even when I have a bm thats why i did not think it was hemorrhoids but who knows. Maybe they are painful cause they are internal. My doc said I could also get surgery to have them removed, but I declined. Just the thought of it scares me to death. Thank you so much for your answers.

Karen
ventcrew

Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
(female)

anprdp HB User

Karen,
Just so you know, my GI said my internal hemorrhoids won't hurt, just bleed when irritated. But, I am with you. Unless I am bleeding to death this surgery isn't for me.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
(female)

Maza HB User

I had painless internal hemorroids for 8 years
Mine unfortunately bled really badly over time (eg. clots of blood) and I ended up having to receive 2 blood transfusions.

Last year I took a deep breath and went to see a Colon/rectal Doctor who was brilliant and said he would use Rubber Band ligation to get rid of 3 large internal hemorroids.

I had the 3 banded over a 3 month period (one per month) (the procedure was done in his office and took 2 mintutes to apply the band) and I am totally cured, no bleeding at all and the procedure for me personally was good with only slight dull ache for a few hours after band was applied.
You would probably only get recommended this procedure if your bleeding was really bad like mine.

I think the actual painful hemmorroid surgery you are thinking of is mainly done on external hemmorrids as they cannot be cured by Banding.

So if Banding is ever given as an option for you, i highly recommend it.
As long as your doctor only bands one hemmorroid at a time per session.
Some doctors will band 3 in one session which can be a more longer painful recovery time.

Obviously the natural cure is, diet and drinking plenty of water which sounds like what you are doing already.

Good luck and take care and let us know how you get on.

Last edited by Maza; 05-02-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Closed Thread