It was a very small one and one the GI isn't concerned because of the light pink color and the small size (1mm-2mm) which was found in my sigmoid.
I now have to wait a week for the biopsy.
What r ur thoughts on the size?
Btw-had a clean scope just 4 years ago.
Did the dr say these were benign or precancerous? Not sure if there is a difference but when I had my 1st colonoscopy they found 2 polyps which the dr said were the precancerous adenomas. They didn't find any hemmoroids at the time but my last one (3rd) they found a hemmoroid which he felt was causing my bleeding this time. I have been having BMs streaked with mucous which I have read is /could be due to my IBS.
The wait for the biopsy results is torture. We are going FRi morning for my 16 yr old's colonoscopy and all we can do is pray they find no tumors. On the other hand if they don't find anything she is back to square one in the diagnosis game.
Nothing to worry about, very small and highly unlikely to be malignant or even pre -malignant. Your doctor usually has a good idea by the appearance of it. If it was an adenoma, these are polyps which have the potential and I stress only the potential to turn malignant, it usually takes about 10 years to turn nasty. Don't stress, no need to.
I've just read your previous posts about tail bone pain. I've had this but it didn't last too long. I was about to go to Doc with it but it went away. I can tell you though anything there takes ages to heal, I know someone who broke their tail bone and she was in a lot of pain for ages. If I were you I'd get an xray, it might be cracked or something. Other than that it might be a misalignment in your s-joints. I used one of those blow up ring cushions to sit on, uncomfortable but probably helped whatever it was to heal quicker as I wasn't aggravating it.
well, got the call back yesterday from the GI about the biopsy results on the tiny polyp.
it was a tubular adenoma...the second one i have had in 10 years...actually it was 10 years to this last colonoscopy (2 scopes in between) that my first tubular adenoma was discovered at age 25. GI thinks Genetic testing would be a good idea.....what would the benefit of this be...just curious.....i already know i have the ability to create these at an early age and will get scopes every 2 years but what else can i gain from this type of testing?
I do have a toddler....when will she need to be scoped for the first time?
Her symptoms are nausea, abdominal pain, facial flushing and diarrea. Her pulse also runs in the 100's, usually around 120. Her BP is usually fairly normal but sometimes a little low-108/72. She also has little to no appetite, yet her stomach is bloated looking.
Hi Manchak, how's the tail bone pain? Glad your biopsy was OK, I was certain it would be. I imagine the genetic testing is to see if you carry the bowel cancer gene, for want of a better word, or if you're just unlucky getting adenomas at such a young age. Thank god you know that you do get them. I guess if you do carry the gene that will mean you may have passed it onto your toddler. I'd ask your GI about when your daughter should be checked. I had a tiny tubular adenoma removed last year at my first scope, I was 55. I'll be having another one 3 years from then. I was advised to tell my siblings so they could also be checked. My brother, 2 years older organised one straight away, he also had one which was described as very large. Fortunately his was benign and he's due to have another one soon. My sister's 12 years younger, I've told her but she hasn't acted on it as yet, the Doctor doesn't seem to think there's any hurry. Gosh, what got you to have your first scope so young?
My tailbone discomfort is definitely diminishing! It really must have been bruised some how but not sure from what......I did ride a bike for not even an hour at the beach on the 4th of July weekend but come on......what would i have done to it to bruise it and cause me so much discomfort....I'm just glad it's going away!
Well, I had my first scope at 25 due to horrible lower abdominal pains on my right side off and on....so much so that i couldn't move when i had the pain. I was scoped (sigmoidoscopy only) and they found a small polyp-same place as the recent one-in the sigmoid and it was a tubular adenoma. So, they then did a barium enema on me(OUCH!) and found nothing else. Dx with IBS-spasms in my colon main complaint. In three years I had a full colonoscopy-found nothing.....3 years after that, another scope, found nothing. Now this one. Another tubular adenoma.
You're right....at least i know that i have this capability to produce them (few and far between at least) and I so hope i did NOT pass this on to my daughter.
I may do the genetic testing just for that reason and have hers done as well when she goes for her yearly check up (at the end of the year). HOpefully, we won't match
Thanks for checking in. Found this board to be very comforting.
im a new member to healthboards.com, i have recently had surgery after being diagnosed with colorectal cancer, they began my treatment with chemo & radio therapy to reduce the size of the tumor in preparation for surgery then when i became syptomatic again they removed the tumor, they were not able to re-join my bowel and rectum and i now have a permanent colonostomy, and have just found out i have MET to the liver so i guess i will be going through this all over again.
i just hope i beat it before it beats me. at the moment the tumor is sitting as a solid mass in my liver slowly growing in size, but if it breaks up my blood will carry the cells to other parts of my body, making it extremly difficult for them to treat. while i was being treated by chemo and radio therapy i had genetic testing done to try and establish the source of my cancer, they said there was a 90% chance thay my cancer was not genetic and they were unable to test the other 10% so a small chance still remains.i am 36 years old and have 2 teenage children they have recommended that they be tested at the age of 26 and that any other imediate family brothers/sisters etc be tested immediately especially if they are experiencing bowel problems.
having genetic testing will give your children and there children a headstart with diagnosis and therefore treatment if; dare i say it; you pass on in the future due to cancer, i recommend you do it and keep a copy of the results somewhere safe for your children to make sure there doctor(s) are aware of it. i waited to long and now appear to be paying the price, i urge you not to make the same mistake as me. good luck and god bless. neoru.
I also wish you all the best neoru, gosh so young. I sure hope it's not genetic for your children's sake.
lilsunshine, what a horrible experience for such a young girl, I really hope it's not cancer.
Can't believe the horrible diseases such young people are getting, doesn't seem fair.
You are both in my thoughts.