It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
(male)

Gumm HB User
23 Male, I don't think there's a family history of it.

Hi, so for the longest time, I've always had Hemorrhoids, drop of blood in the bowl sometimes, blood on the tissue, pain(mostly), etc. So I got sick and tired of it, and finally after years of just, not using creams or anything, about mid December I pretty much more or less enema'd myself using cream, took a couple days, but there is no longer blood in my stool, or pain while I pass BM's. Things are good in the throne room.

Lately, I'd say since around December 20th, I've been gassy, and all of my stools are very easily passed, but this is what worries me... I have not had a SOLID one piece stool in about 3 weeks now. its always soft like, little stands, like a school of tadpoles or something, a pile of them. Still gassy, but this is it.

If I feel any kind of itching its like, once a week for about 3 seconds and goes away, so I don't even know if that can be considered symptoms, sometimes I go twice a day (first time its a pile, second time its usually little thin strands)

I had diarrhea once a few days ago, once went once that day, like I had a stomach bug and immediately rid myself of it.

I don't know what to think, and because I'm a pseudo hypochondriac (apparantly) does this hold any water to bother my doctor about?

I realize it's better to be safe than sorry... but am I just being paranoid here? Is it normal to just, not have solid stools, it's like right after I cleared up the pain and blood this started happening.

Some days I don't go for maybe like 30 hours... but I don't know if that can be considered constipation.

If I should go, how does the process work in Canada? Thanks.

Edit: I thought my Grandpa might have had it, but it turns out he expired due to Pancreatic Cancer in his 70s, my Uncle had testicular I believe, and my father is going on 60 and seems to be okay.

Anyway, proceed.

Last edited by Gumm; 01-06-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
(female)

Anders HB User
Re: 23 Male, I don't think there's a family history of it.

Hi Gumm,

Welcome, while it is possible for you to have colon cancer, I think it is rare bases on your age. Some people have been diagnosed in there 20's, I met a women a few years back diagnosed in her mid 20's, There was a family history and she was already being scoped on a regular bases for it.

Because you have bleeding, you should get it check out. See your regular Dr and get a referal for a GI doc. I was diagnosed with stage III rectal cancer, my only symptom was occasion rectal bleeding, nothing else. Colon cancer can be a silent killer and for me it was.

So please make sure you get a colonoscopy, don't settle for an assumption (ie your too young to have cancer, so it must be hemmerroids). Assumptions can be fatal when they are wrong. My Dr and I "assumpted" my occasional bleeding was my hemmeroids, I was 46, no family history and all other test were normal. He figured my rectal bleeding would be a good excuse to get my baseline colonoscopy done early in life. That referral probably SAVED my life.

So find the cause for your bleeding, not an assumption. Good luck, let us know, but try not to worry about it.

Anders

Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
(male)

Gumm HB User

I'm going to call my doc tomorrow, just curious as to what the turnaround is on this. Hopefully I can get something done by next week.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
(male)

Gumm HB User

I've got an appointment this Tuesday, so who knows, it might take a month to get it all sorted out.

But what really bothers me now, is that I've always had hemorrhoids and blood on the tissue, on and off for years, and I never bothered to do anything about it. I'm just, kinda pulling my hair out at the wait time now, and kicking myself. It's great I'm not bleeding anymore, but when a pattern changes like this, even if it seems better.. it's got me wondering.

Hope I don't end up a statistic.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
(female)

Anders HB User

It's good that you are getting it checked out, you don't want to rely on an assumption, but honestly, I don't think they will find colon or rectal cancer. Please don't worry about it. Yes it could take a month or two to actually schedule the colonoscoppy, unless they seriously suspect something's wrong, then it is amazing how fast the medical profession can move.

Again, glad you've got an appt, try not to worry.

Anders

Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
(male)

Gumm HB User

Going in on Saturday for the big scope..

Other than the fact I've lost 3lbs in 2 days, and I'll lose even more after doing the prep... I'm just peachy.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
(female)

Anders HB User

Good luck Gumm,

Today will be the worst, prep is the worst part. Are you taking the pills or solution? Jello is very good if you feel you are getting hungry, it fools the stomach into thinking you ate. Just avoid the red color jello, lemon or lime is a good choice. And remember to drink lots of water today.

Good luck, let us know how it goes. I'll be thinking of you.

Anders

Old 01-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
(male)

Gumm HB User

Removed 1 4mm polyp

"Don't come back till your 40"

I can honestly say (minor sedation) it was super painful to go through for the 2 minutes, and im really cramped, but I'm very glad I did it. Nothing can describe my piece of mind.

I think in my agony at one point my doc told me to shut up! LOL

Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
(female)

Anders HB User

So, how did your scope go? Hope all is well and that you had a good meal following your procedure.

Anders

Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
(male)

Gumm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
So, how did your scope go? Hope all is well and that you had a good meal following your procedure.

Anders
I'm okay, they found a small 4mm polyp and said not to return till im 40.

It was pretty painful (didnt want to be put under), and I was extremely cramped after the procedure,

Even during the procedure, my groans of pain lead the doc to say 'Shaadap!'

LOL

I just went to the bathroom, and the food ive had so far hasn't made it that far down my system so i'm still not leaving much in the bowl, there was a couple very small specks of blood, but thats probably normal.

I'm glad I did it, my neglect of that area forced me to go through with it, and after doing it, it feels very relieving.

Thank you so much for your experiences and concerns Anders. My polyp was a speck compared to the GRAPE I saw in another cylinder.

Last edited by Gumm; 01-16-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
(female)

Anders HB User

Somehow I miss your first post, did they find the cause of your problem? The gas, etc.

Since they removed a polyp, yeah you might see a small amount of blood for a day or two, perfectly normal.

It may be a few days before you have a normal bowel movement, again perfectly normal.

You are most welcome and I am proud of you for doing it. Have a good life.

Anders

Old 01-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
(male)

Gumm HB User

No they didn't, I mean, I was taking a lot of Oil of Oregano lately, I think that might have been part of it.

I seriously seriously doubt I have stomach cancer lol.

Closed Thread