It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
(male)

drlguy HB User
I can't afford a Colonoscopy

Okay, so I have health insurance but they won't cover my Colonoscopy because I had one in 2007 when I had insurance through my old job. My new insurance is an individual policy and has exclusions. Namely Colon cancer, diagnosis and tests and treatment.

ANYWAY so I'm looking to get this done in the Dallas Texas area and not go to the poor house. I called the Dr. in Denton who said it would be at least $1500 and that I'd have to pay it up front. Thats just for the hospital and Doctor.

Is there anything I can do to get this done at an affordable rate? I don't have...money....at all. Like I'm scrimping by this month as it is because I just got a "new" used car that is also a money pit.

So can anyone here help me out to find a place to get this done that will be a bit more reasonable?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
(male)

bailey2112 HB User
Re: I can't afford a Colonoscopy

Call around to different hospitals. Tell them you dont have insurance or that you have a high deductible and that you want to pay cash. Most places have a reduced rate for those that self pay. Some hostpitals even let you pay montly. I want to a hospial in Thibodaux, La. I paid 850.00 I could have paid 250 up front and ther rest montly. I am not sure how far you are willing to travel. Thibodaux to dallas is a 8 to 9 hour drive. This is the number to the GI at Thibadoux hospital.(985) 446-1958. Don't give up and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread