It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
(male)

retrained HB User
Help!, Quite a lot of blood

Hey guys, I just took a crap and stood up to notice that there was quite a bit of bright red blood, enough for it to drip down my leg and onto the floor as well
afterward I took a ball of toilet paper and place it between my cheeks to see if there was still blood coming out and most of it was soaked in blood, I then tried with another ball of toilet paper, there was a small amount but not a lot, it was rather dark though, but it may have just been the blood being absorbed in the toilet paper. I am scared, should I wait to see if this happens again the next time I crap or just go to my GP tomorrow?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
(male)

rickker20 HB User
Re: Help!, Quite alot of blood after crapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrained View Post
Hey guys, I just took a crap and stood up to notice that there was quite a bit of bright red blood, enough for it to drip down my leg and onto the floor as well
afterward I took a ball of toilet paper and place it between my cheeks to see if there was still blood coming out and most of it was soaked in blood, I then tried with another ball of toilet paper, there was a small amount but not a lot, it was rather dark though, but it may have just been the blood being absorbed in the toilet paper. I am scared, should I wait to see if this happens again the next time I crap or just go to my GP tomorrow?
Please go to the Emergency Room like now. That is what happen to me. They did a c-scan and found a tumor in my rectum that turn out to be cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

It would be a good idea to call your doc's office and tell them your symptoms. No doubt he will get you in to the office quickly and will probably schedule a colonoscopy. If you have a colonoscopy you will be asked to drink a large amount of liquid some call Go-lytely. This will clean out the colon so the doctor may insert a scope into your rectum and and colon. You will be sedated for this procedure. Of course there are other tests that the doctor might order. Bloodwork will be done. I hope this is only your first incidence of passing blood. You may have just had a hemmoroid rupture. Good Luck...

Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
(male)

retrained HB User

Over the past week it hasn't happened. Except today, I've only noticed this happen when I have to push a bit harder than usual
I've also not lost any weight

Last edited by retrained; 09-09-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Closed Thread