It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

cvic HB User
Had Colonoscopy:How long do I have to wait for test results?

Just wondering how long does it take to get the test results after having colonoscopy and endoscopy? I know that they took biopsy from stomach and removed two polyps on the 23rd and still havent heard from them. I even called and left a message for the doctor too.

Here is my experience in prepping for the test. I used the MOVIPREP solution

iIf I can do it, then anyone can, trust me. I woke up early on PREP morning and ate 1 scrambled egg, keep in mind that I had eaten lite two days prior to the prep day, no meat basically. I made sure that I had plenty to drink, coke, water, tea, gatorade, ect. about 11 am I fixed me a cup of broth, made with a large chicken boullion cube, OMG it was yummy! then around 3 had another cup, I swear it tasted better that time lol I added a lot of seasoned pepper to it for flavor.

So around 5:30 I started drinking the MOVIPREP solution that I had made up the day prior and put in fridge to chill, trust me do this it makes it not so bad.
I drank the yucky stuff with a straw really fast while holding my nose. After I downed it I chased it with a sip of gatorade and a cig. I know, not good but I was just trying to kill the taste. So after the 3rd glass I had to go potty. Again it wasnt that bad and you will do just fine. You will have 15 minutes to drink each 8 ounce glass within the span of one hour, then you rest for an hour an a half and repeat.

The only thing that really bugged me was when I layed down to go to sleep my stomach was rumbling SO loud and so bad. Oh and this is not a good time to trust a fart so I got up a few times to go to the bathroom to be sure it wasn't something more. I slept about 5 hours before the test, By the time I got in there I was just ready for a nice nap.
Test was great didnt feel or remember a thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

tarbox75 HB User
Re: Had Colonoscopy:How long do I have to wait for test results?

I would call your doctors office and see if they have had any updates on your report. I have always heard that no news is good news. Good Luck!

Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Had Colonoscopy:How long do I have to wait for test results?

Hi, well I didn't have a polyp so my results of my colonoscopy test was right away :smile: but my relatives results for his benign polyp was 10 days later or so. (Another relative on a malignant one was about 10 days to 2 weeks or so I think it was). From the first relatives skin cancer on his face, the result from the biopsy was before he even left the doctors office. I read somewhere several years ago that sometimes a frozen section was done on something at the lab so they could know how much of the persons body parts had to be removed if it was cancerous. He! he! take your pick on time rates! lol

Last edited by sjb; 10-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Closed Thread