It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
(male)

jimr1 HB User
Tubular adenoma found post hemicolectomy

My open right hemicolectomy in Jan. 2010 necessitated by goblet cell appendix (8 cm. and full, leaking into the bowel) cancer revealed 3 of 10 lymph nodes involved pathologically in the biopsy. Margins were clean. Stage 3B was diagnosed. The colon was divided at the distal ileum just before the ileceol valve and an ileceol anastomosis was needed. A followup colonoscopy in Jan. 2011 revealed and removed a 3mm. ileo anastomosis benign tubular adenoma. Is this a common occurence and would it have anything to do with the contaminated lymph nodes which were removed? Just wondering if I am generally looking forward to more of this kind of action, as I never had a previous polyp (age 59), just GCC. The surgeon has recommended another colonoscopy 1 year hence, but I have no local gastroenterologist to consult with. I am anxious, but no carcinoid was biopsied currently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread