It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
(male)

rotikawin HB User
Advice on Treatment near Washington DC

Hi,
I just had someone close to me being diagnosed with a Stage 3A rectal cancer. He already had the 2X2cm tumour growth removed, and lab analysis found 2 out of 11 lymph nodes affected.
Soon in about 1-2 week's time he will be commmencing on his 8cycle chemotherapy treatment.
The thing is we might have to relocate to nearby Washington DC due to work in about 3 months time in Apr. We will try to resist the relocation, but in the event that we have to, would like some advice on:
Is it possible to start a treatment here in my place of residence and then subseuquently continue any followups in the cancer center near my relocated place?
Where can i find a good cancer center near washington DC, i'm looking at Johns Hopkins which is a short drive from where i'm going to work or memorial sloan kettering?
Cost, if its just for followups, such as blood tests and CTscans, what kind of cost should i expect. We have no insurance to speak of.
Thank you in advance for answering my queries...

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
G'ma has Rectal Cancer -- Need Advice Please - urgent jcxl10 Cancer: Colon 0 07-04-2010 04:28 PM
I have left down abdomen's pain for many year and need advice. efang Cancer: Colon 2 01-24-2010 11:40 AM
In a difficult spot-need some advice thoroldchick Cancer: Colon 4 03-05-2008 02:18 PM
Need Advice & Support -32 y/o sister diagnosed with S4 CC microbugs Cancer: Colon 4 06-05-2007 08:50 PM
looking for help and advice RS_Scotland Cancer: Colon 13 09-05-2006 03:43 PM