It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
(male)

tonyinhampshire HB User
How Bowel problems cause constipation > diareah > constipation cycle

Hi

Can anyone explain the mechanics of why someone with a bowel problem such as colon cancer causes constipation or diraeah. Is it this cycle that causes alarm, constipation > diareah > constipation. From my own reasoning I am thinking that if the bowel is blocked, you wouldnt rtn to normal bowel movements unless consition was treated. Though my symptoms seem to be constant. could bowel cancer cause the constipation > diareah > constipation cycle without a blockage of the bowel in any part.

For example I have read that right sided tumors do not cause change in bowel habits !

My story :

As long as I can recall, I have never had consistant bowel movements, possibly going back 20 years or so. In recent years, I have experienced an occasional stabbing pian in appendice area. just for a few seconds. Sometimes it clears up for a few Months. If I press on the area, sometimes I feel tenderness but it is not always there.

6 Months I developed soft stools for about 4 Months, only one bowel movement each day but the stool is unformed but not as loose as diareah. Oaccasional urgency. I have has blood tests and to check for blood and also an ultrasound scan but nothing seen.

The stools in recent Weeks have returned to their normal ' abnormal ' way, ie sometimes very normal, some float, some like pellets, some very soft and some that float and stink like eggs.

I was wandering if this is anything to do with lack of water absorption

I had a slipped disc L5 in recent years and that is being invesigated ref to sciatica.

Otherwise, generally fit, eat well, etc , weight good . aged 50, male

any ideas . My doctor has simply labelled it as griping pains

any thoughts

many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread