It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
(male)

adam4little HB User
Please Help

Ok i know nobody on here can diagnose, but I need some advice

Since the New Year I have had weird BMs. Never a full thick candy bar like I used to have-the thickest one I have had is a snake like stool about a nickel in diameter. Alot of my stool is flattish and tapered. For a month I have had acid reflux type symptoms when working out, then about three weeks ago I developed a persistant base nausea. It didnt stop me from eating, but I had it nonetheless. This was accompanied by gas, bloating, and stomach cramping. These symptoms went away completely and were then replaced by a loss of appetite that lasted for two weeks followed by a 10 lb weight loss. I still ate during this time, although very little. During these two weeks I saw 10 docs and had a CBC, white blood cell count, pancreatic test, liver functioning test, amilayse enzyme test, inflammation blood test, muscle wasting enzyme test, fecal occult stool test, urinalysis, thyroid, diabetes test, and a chest x ray. During the two weeks with the 10 lb weight loss I developed very mild night sweats as well.

A week later, my appetite has returned and I have gained 6 lbs back. All of my tests came back negative and none of the docs (9 were ER docs one was my PCP) think cancer is even a concern at this point. The muscles in my body seem to be smaller, and I feel weaker and just unwell in general. My doc is saying it is anxiety (I have a history of health anxiety) and I dont know how to get him to take me seriously. I feel like something is not right in my body and I am so afraid that I have cancer. He will not give me any invasive tests because with my age (24 but I hear that doesnt really matter), not having a family history, and a history of hypochondria...and he doesnt feel it is cancer and instead keeps talking to me about depression.

I am so scared. Someone help me figure this out. Give me some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
(male)

adam4little HB User
Re: Please Help

Anyone have any advice???

Closed Thread