It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
(male)

Prezactly HB User
Has anyone had same symptoms?

There's a long history to this (maybe unrelated) but I'll throw it in anyway. Around '03 I had abdominal pain that started in the lower left abdomen in the area of the colon and it spread over a few weeks to the lower right side. Steady, painful burning and cramping. The cramping and pain also happened occasionally in the upper left and right sides of the abdomen - pretty much where the colon makes bends, and randomly anywhere else along it's path as it saw fit. So this goes on for weeks with a half dozen Dr. visits and even a CT scan. During this time my BMs went from normal to hard pellets or even combinations of pellets, lumps and light and dark stool. They said "IBS". So for years I've dealt with constipation and off and on pain (which mostly just settled in the lower right side with occasional crampiness elsewhere). I was finally diagnosed with a small hernia in the lower right inguinal area and had it repaired which was a large relief, the hernia had been pressing on inguinal canal nerves and caused pain up and down the right leg, abdomen and groin. That was really freaking me out.

The good news was that due to the operation relieving pain (the hernia was likely caused by straining thanks to constipation) and the associated stress contributing to IBS, more careful diet planning caused the constipation to virtually vanish. Life was good for 6 months or so.

Now my colon has headed the other way. I have to go to the bathroom 3 - 4 times a morning and produce somewhat loose, oval pale stools. No visible blood. The last one is usually no more than 3/8" diameter ( big pencil). I have constant crampiness, some gas and a general not-so-good feeling during the day.

IBS sufferers are more likely to get cc than normal folks, and I know a colonoscopy is the best thing to get. But what I want to know is if anyone's experienced similar? I'd hate to go in for yet more tests, I feel like a hypochondriac already. Anyone think it could be a liver, gallbladder, or other issue?

Just interested in others experiences and what the results were.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread