It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
(male)

tonyinhampshire HB User
bowel problems are related to constipation / loose stools, but could actually be link

I would like to know also why some people automatically thing that bowel problems are related to constipation / loose stools, but could actually be linked to the stomach.

I have had gastritis and stomach problems for some years. some people can experience , gas, bloating, constipation, diareah because the stomach is failing to digest food. LIver and pancrease dysfunction can add to problems.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User
Re: bowel problems are related to constipation / loose stools, but could actually be

People just don't know all of the possible causes of their symptoms, because when we go to the doctor complaining of chronic constipation, etc. they don't run any tests or give you a real diagnosis. They instead advise you to eat high fiber cereal or take fiber supplements. At least, that has been my experience with doctor after doctor after doctor. For me, trying to find out a cause is going to require begging, and I don't really know what else to say about that.

I personally have read about so many possible causes of these symptoms. And it can be anything from anxiety to low stomach acid to celiac disease to dairy intolerance to food sensitivities to gallbladder issues to nerve damage to lack of healthy intestinal flora to parasites, and on and on.

It's just that everyone thinks hey, I have bowel symptoms, it must be the bowels have a problem.

I can understand that way of thinking, from going through it myself and not finding help from doctors. They just say, it must be IBS. Take as much fiber as you can for the rest of your life. Bye!

Well that is nice, but I'd like to know the cause. What if it is something like chronic parasites or a blockage or polyp or stomach issue? Taking fiber twice a day has helped me a little but has nowhere near made my bm's "normal."

How would gastritis or low stomach acid be treated, if they were the causes anyway?

Ah, we can't diagnose ourselves, unfortunately. I hope you don't mind my thoughts on your thread.

Last edited by pfe; 03-16-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
(male)

tonyinhampshire HB User
Re: bowel problems are related to constipation / loose stools, but could actually be

thanks for your input. im sure information here provides a sense of reality that so mamy people feel isolated and suffering

best wishes

Closed Thread