It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

madwal HB User
Unhappy The test in on Thursday

Okay, so I'm trying not to freak out, but cancer, including colon cancer and lots of other cancers run in my family. I'm 25, and have been having blood, bright red in my stool at least once daily for six weeks now. I've had abdominal pain daily, nausea, fatigue and all that lovely stuff also.

I went to a doctor after two weeks of this going on, and he thought it was ulcerative colitis, prescribed prednisone for 12 days which did nothing to stop the original symptoms an in fact only added severe incompacitating pain, nausea, weakness, confusion, rapid heart beat, hyperventilation, etc. Bad bad things. Off it now, new symptoms slowly disappearing, old ones getting worse.
Tomorrow, Wednesday, I work a half day and start the cleanse. Bright and early Thursday morning, I get the colonoscopy. I'm scared. It's not colitis, or hemerroids, or something like that. I'm getting worse, and getting more afraid.

I do very physical labor, who's moving up rapidly in the company. I'm young. I'm scared.

I don't know why I'm even posting in this forum. I don't know what I have, but I am pretty scared. Trying not to be. But I am, a lot. I don't know . . .

I guess I'll know Thursday what the deal is, but that's over 36 hours away. I dunno, I'm probably stupid for even starting here in this place. Cause, it's probably nothing. But I don't know.

Scared.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-07-2011 at 12:01 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to madwal:
bubblegirl (03-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: The test in on Thursday

It's natural to worry & be scared! I'm sure I would be too but there are probably several other conditions that could cause these symptoms -apart from cancer. Try to be as positive as you can- cancer is very rare at your age!

You are doing all the right things for yourself by seeking tests & medical advice. Have you had any blood tests?

The reason you are posting here for support & understanding, & it is certainly the right place to come! I hope you get some replies from people who have experienced similar symptoms & can give you more insight than I can.

Do come back here & tell us how you got on with the tests. There is always someone here to listen.....

Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
(male)

madwal HB User

I had blood work done and other labs prior to being scheduled for the test. There aren't any bacterial infections or parasites, or anything of that sort.

I just started the cleanse process one hour ago, my stomach's all goofy now, and the stuff tastes awful. I am most definitely ready to be done with this. Spent some time with the boss today running around and he is very supportive, even going to pick me up afterwards, sign me out, and find out the information I need, since apparently I'll be really out of it. Getting closer to finding the answer at least.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
(male)

madwal HB User

Well, got the test over with and there was nothing obviously wrong. No growths or inflammation, so no Crohn's disease or polyps. However there was places where it was quick to bleed. He took some tissue samples and I will be getting biopsy results Wednesday. More to come.

Right now, woozy, sleepy, out of touch with realty. First time ever been put under.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

Well that's quite good news! Try to relax & give yourself a chance to recover & some rest- it's good that they are being thorough! Let us know how tissue test is!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
(male)

madwal HB User

Well, thanks for the support everyone, it is not cancer, it is colitis. Though people with colitis are more likely to get colon cancer, it's malignant or pre-malignant at this time.

I'm going to be dumping to the colitis forum now. Thanks for the support though.

Closed Thread