It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
(male)

madwal HB User
Pain post colonoscopy

I had the colonoscopy today, this morning, early over twelve hours ago. They took some tissue samples. I am having sharp pain, new pain that I have not before experience, feels like a pinching or sharp poking at best, stabbing at worst. It hurts, I'm scared.

I'm calling the doctor tomorrow morning and praying it just goes away, but I'm scared.

Has this happened to any of you? Tried internet search on this. Help?

Old 04-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
(female)

Lauriealix HB User
Re: Pain post colonoscopy

Hello I m a female and had one my self about three years ago. And I really did not feel anytthing strange. Yes I would for sure check with your doctor if you feel something isnt right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
(female)

Cookiely HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwal View Post
I had the colonoscopy today, this morning, early over twelve hours ago. They took some tissue samples. I am having sharp pain, new pain that I have not before experience, feels like a pinching or sharp poking at best, stabbing at worst. It hurts, I'm scared.

I'm calling the doctor tomorrow morning and praying it just goes away, but I'm scared.

Has this happened to any of you? Tried internet search on this. Help?
I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago and experienced acute pain when I came home and on and off pain the day after. The carbon dioxide they use to inflate the colon got trapped. I was tense and the gas pains were difficult to bear. I took an anxiety med and once I relaxed the gas came out. I had severe pain in my left ovary and the Dr. said it was from the huge tumor I had. The pathology report on the polyp was benign but the tumor came back adenocarcinoma.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
(female)

MontanaMissy HB User

That happened to me too, but I was still in the hospital. Was horrible, but went away fairly quickly.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Ive had three Colonoscopys and apart from some trapped wind which lasted a couple of hours, I had No other problems.
I think you should give it 24 hrs and if still in pain consult your Dr.
I'm sure a certain amount of discomfort is normal after such a procedure, take some painkillers and see how things go. Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread