It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
(male)

iridium0385 HB User
Questions

Hi,

I'm a 26 year old male, quite healthy - a little overweight. A few months ago, I noticed sort of a bloating and general change in my BMs - lighter in color and generally looser. No blood that I can see, and no weight loss of any kind. I generally noticed minor discomfort on my lower left abdomen, it comes and goes, and less frequently on my right side. Sometimes there's a bit of gas. I'm still regular, though occasionally I'll miss a day, and occasionally I'll have to go (and really go, not just feel like I have to) a few times in a day. Also, coffee (which I used to drink quite regularly) seems to worsen the condition temporarily to a diarrhea state, but even avoiding coffee it never quite goes away and seems to be cyclical every couple of weeks. I've noticed no real worsening in the symptoms over the course of time though, but with the power of Google it's terribly easy to get worried over what deadly disease I could have - so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what it could be? It's all so minor that I'd feel kind of silly describing it to a doctor, since it's hard to pinpoint at any one time, but it is annoying.

I do have a family history of ulcertive colitis and diabetes, but I haven't had any symptoms of these to date (aside from what I've just descibed).

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Questions for a friend ange'sangels Cancer: Colon 7 10-07-2006 07:49 PM
working during chemo? many questions... pearl115 Cancer: Colon 6 09-20-2006 08:41 AM
Questions about resection,treatments ect.... Too Sweet 74 Cancer: Colon 5 08-27-2006 07:33 AM
Husband 37yrs, just diagnosed, many questions? flygirl3 Family & Friends of Cancer Patients 36 08-03-2006 09:10 PM
Questions-post op exercise, diet, soreness, chemo, etc. christy217 Cancer: Colon 5 04-27-2006 11:32 AM