It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

Cristal9229 HB User
Angry Lung Cancer in the Colon

My dad was diagnoised with Stage 3 Non Small cell Lung cancer in October. He went through chemo, radiation and had his lung removed. In October the doctors told him his colon lit up but it was "only inflamed" and did not thing about it. Now 9 months later they have told my dad that he has something that is very uncommon. His lung cancer has wrapped around the outside of his colon, which is now stage 4 and has affected his lyphnodes in his abdomin. I have been researching online and it is saying he has a 3% survival rate. We are meeting with colon surgeones this week. Can anyone please give me advice as we have no faith in these doctors anymore, because they missed this nine months ago.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

lisathew8lifter HB User
Re: Lung Cancer in the Colon

my best advice is to get a notebook, get a tape recorder and document everything that is said so you can compare it to how he is feeling. my mom had adenocarcinoma in the colon and it spread to her lungs like wild fire. she had no symptoms except a fever and some minor abdominal pain and had no idea there was a softball sized tumor in her colon. it had spread to the lymph in her abdominal wall and eventually her lungs. she was diagnosed 6/7 and passed on 10/24. i hate to be a debbie downer, but this is very serious. spend as much time with your dad as you can and be his advocate and his voice with the docs.

The Following User Says Thank You to lisathew8lifter For This Useful Post:
Cristal9229 (06-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread