It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
(female)

lovemykids42 HB User
need answers

My mother in law was diagnosed 3 years ago with stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to the liver, lungs and now the bone...She has done pretty well till this last Christmas she started to get sick again with acites and alot of nausea…long story short...She is now throwing up all the time, skin and bones and is pretty jaundice. Dr. said 2-6 weeks but she's says she has several months, she also says she’s getting better and that she gained 3lbs (we think it's swelling). She is on hospice but not using them. My question is...Is this positive thinking or denial? I know that we don't know how long any of us has, but should we be preparing ourselves for something sooner. Her mind is pretty much clear but she is tired a lot but she's still driving and running around a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: need answers

I think it's both positive thinking and denial. She's handling this quite well, actually, and I commend her for trying to live her life to the very end. Please don't be a "downer" with her, but make sure she does have her personal affairs in order so when it is time, all is taken care of. (We should all have that done anyway) She must be a remarkable person and I wish all of you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread