It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
recovery from colon surgery to remove small mass

I'm usually hanging out on the back board, but I am currently with my 89-year old aunt who is awaiting colon surgery. She had a colonoscopy last Tuesday and a cancerous mass was discovered. It is in the right ascending part of the colon, which we've been told is the best place to have a tumor, if you're going to get one.

They are hoping to do the surgery robotically if they can, and I gather it will be a minimally invasive surgery. She is in otherwise good health.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long she will be laid up until she will feel like going about her daily routine (getting her own meals, etc.)? I'm used to advising patients who are awaiting spinal fusion, but have been led to believe that this recovery won't be as long or as disabling.

Assuming things go according to plan, would I want to plan to be with her for two weeks, or a month or ????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread