It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

leadpipe05 HB User
Question nervous about colonoscopy results...

i am a 23 yr old female no kids. i just had a colonoscopy and an egd to find the causes of blood and mucus in my stool for a yr now. 30cm in my colon the dr found and removed a 3 cm polyp. i am worried becuase i waited so long to go to the drs. is this size alarming? my dr made me concerned by saying it was the largest she has seen in a long time. any input would be appreciated. thnx

Old 08-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
(female)

leadpipe05 HB User
Re: nervous about colonoscopy results...

so the colonoscopy was the 28th, that day i left with a 9/6/11 follow up appt for results.... well they called today, 8/1 to schedule an appt for the 12th of august... im nervous....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
(female)

pmartin HB User

I was just wondering what your results were. I am 38 and they found and removed 4 polyps. I am terrified right now.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
(female)

thedale HB User

Both my father, 76, and myself, 46 have been diagnosed with colon cancer within 2 years of each other. He thankfully has a clean bill of health now after chemoradiaton and surgery. I, on the other hand, am in the middle of chemo after surgery to remove the tumour 2 months ago.
My brother had a colonoscopy immediately after my diagnosis and they removed 2 polyps. He has been given a clean bill of health and will now have regular screening. I hope you have a similar result. I know of an 11 year old girl who had a very large polyp, about 5cms, removed from her bowel. It was benign thankfully but she too now has regular screening.
I know you are worried but most surgeons with experience can visually identify a cancerous tumour. I know my surgeon had me well prepared for the news before the histology results were anywhere near back from the lab. Keep positive.

Closed Thread