It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
(male)

jeenyus HB User
Stool question..help?

Ok, so mid-way through May of this year I had a BM which I noticed a "pop" which hurt but didn't alarm me at the time. Then I noticed blood. I suffer from severe anxiety so once I noticed this I went into complete panic mode.

I did the worst thing I could do which was search the internet for answers. And of course the worst shows up. I went to the doctor and explained what happened and it was the only time it happened and said it was hemorrhoids because I only bled once. Though before going in I noticed bumps anyways which were inflammed and itchy so I knew I had them. Also my parents both suffer from hemorrhoids as well and my dad told me what happened to him which is exactly what happened to me. So, then I wasn't so worried.

For quite some time (3 months) I was so stressed and worrying constantly, which made me lose weight. To this day I still worry which is now causing me body pains. I have put my weight back on too.

Anyways, my question. I've noticed after a BM that the last little bits I squeeze out usually have flattened sides. Almost like a triangle shape but the bottom is round. My initial stool is normal looking. Though I noticed before I actually calmed down a bit and started eating regularly again my stools have looked normal, except for the last little bit that comes out. I've never noticed before but up until I bled I never looked at my stool to notice anything. The way I get the last bits of stool out is usually, I guess the best way to describe it is clench my anus upwards to push the last bit out, which is the little bit that always looks flatted like a triangle. Could that be why? Just the pressure as well has hemorrhoids? I don't notice them too much anymore, which is good.

I know I have internal hemorrhoids because I feel them inflammed at work since I lift and pull very heavy skids with lousy equipment.

I'm 24.
No rectal/colon cancer in family.
Feel perfectly fine, minus my body aches my my stress/anxiety when I'm at work.

Last edited by jeenyus; 08-16-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
(male)

jeenyus HB User
Re: Stool question..help?

Some help anybody?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User

I don't really have an answer for you but I'm kinda going thru the same thing. 3 months ago I noticed a bit of blood on the toilet paper, I happened to have a physical scheduled so I told my doc and he said don't worry probably just a hemorrhoid. He says your young and healthy don't worry. Easy for him to say as I have depression and anxiety it's not so easy for me. 2 weeks ago it happens again, so I'm back at the doctors and they do a DRE and FOBT and again they say don't worry, no family history, young, healthy, no other symptoms, what am I worried about they say. They also don't feel any hemorrhoids. So thanks to Google I'm convinced I have colon cancer. I've had no other bleeding and when it did it wans't a lot at all but it doesn't matter to my mind. Now I'm in the middle of a severe deppresive episode.

So while this doesn't provide you with an answer I hope it helps you to know you are not alone in feeling this way.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
(male)

jeenyus HB User

Yeah it is hard. Lately it seems anything that happens with my body, I go into thinking mode. What is it? Is something wrong? Is it because of what happened before?
It is very hard, especially when people don't know or understand about severe anxiety. It's not so much anxiety attacks anymore as of constant thinking which eventually turns into worry.'
I figure by now if anything was serious, there would be signs of it by now. Even talking with my parents they said the same thing. It's been a little over 4months now since I saw that blood. I've seen tiny bits over the 4months, twice to be exact but I know what they were from anyways so it didn't really phase me.
It's just the look of the stool throwing me off. My first movements look normal and round, but the last little bit that comes out always looks like it has flat sides but are never ribbon-like. It also doesn't happen all the time either. It's not constantly happening.
It only seem to start happening after I read about it too.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User

You could always see a doc about it maybe set your mind at ease. I know it's hard to know what to do when your feeling this way. I think I should see a doc and then I think what if I'm just feeding my anxiety. Most people don't understand but some do. I figure it is better to be safe than sorry. I would like to see a post from someone with some knowledge of colon cancer.

FYI, read the depression/anxiety boards, I find this helps some.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
(male)

jeenyus HB User

I'm only 24 years of age, plus there's no history at all of rectal or colon cancer in my family, so having it is highly unlikely. It's one of the first things I asked my parents when I was worrying way too much.
Sure it has been known in some cases to happen at younger ages, but not likely to happen.
All stool has to pass through the same areas, so for my initial stool to be round and normal, and for the little bits at the end of my bowel movement to consistently look different with flat sides and to happen at random can't be anything too major. Seeing there's other reasons why it can happen. Everyone just immediately points to cancer for everything that is wrong, and since I saw blood I'm included in that group of people. I never thought about maybe having such a serious health problem, I wish I never even noticed.
That's why I hate googling answers, though I continue to do it.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User

I hear you on the gooling symptoms. You sound pretty level headed, your on the right track.

Take care.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
(male)

jeenyus HB User

I have to be level headed, or I think I'd head for a major break down worse than what I've already had.
It's nice to hear someone has the same kind of symptoms, weird as it sounds. If I can be this level headed, I'm sure you can do the same and convince yourself that you are ok. Knowing it's hard, I think it's much worse for people like us with severe anxiety. Stuff would be pretty far along by this time, especially with those kinds of symptoms.
I'm just sad it took me four months to even talk like this. Even though I've had moments where I constantly told myself I was alright.

Closed Thread