It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

pmartin HB User
only 38 and 4 polyps removed

I posted before about how scared I was that something was wrong because I was having some changes in bowel habits and some bleeding due to a large hemmroid ( I was told). I just had my colonoscopy on Thursday where the doctor removed 4 polyps. Now I can say I am terrified. From the reading I have done having polyps at the age of 38 is not common or not common because most people don't get tested until the age of 50? I don't know my family history because I am adopted. How long does it take to get results back if the polyps come back cancerous?
What does pre cancerous mean? Can the doctor tell by looking at the polyps if they are cancerous? Would they tell you if they thought they were questionable. My husband tries to put me at ease by telling me everything will be fine but that isn't helping much. I know there isn't anything I can do about things now but now I am kicking myself for not doing anything soon and not listening to the doctors about just leaving the he because it wasn't bothering me. I should have my hubby take away my computer but knowing someone else might have gone through the samething is helpful. thanks for reading

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Colonoscopy with 2 polyps found... marnb77 Cancer: Colon 8 09-23-2010 09:10 PM
Adenomatous polyps and genetic testing looneybin Cancer: Colon 2 03-03-2010 10:18 AM
Male 42 w/5 Polyps Removed LoudWhispers Cancer: Colon 1 08-11-2009 06:40 AM
rectal polyps scared marcia Cancer: Colon 1 10-01-2008 06:06 AM
Skin tags and colon polyps Nyxie63 Cancer: Colon 9 09-25-2007 05:13 PM