It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

katedenorm HB User
Sigmoid colon resection plus extras

In May, I had a colonoscopy that showed two polyps. Both benign, one removed then and there - the other was surgically removed in July with a Sigmoid resection.

The surgeon told me that I was very lucky since the polyps (tubular villous) usually turn cancerous after growing to 2.5 cms. Mine at removal was 4.5cms. The surgeon told me "Stage 1 - total cure."

I had to be opened up since he also found a tumor on one ovary and a cyst on the other along with endometriosis.

BMs have been normal since day one after surgery, however, my incision split open about 10 days afterwards. It is healing nicely at 5 1/2 weeks.

Here is my question: how long does it take for the bloating, pregnant look to pass? I also feel some pressure on some days, but not always.

In the past few days, my appetite seems to have gotten really out of control as well. Is this normal? Prior to surgery any and all food made me really bloated and uncomfortable.

I realize this board is under cancer - but I did not see a general colon board. Sorry for any newbie mistakes.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
(female)

FavoriteAuntL HB User
Re: Sigmoid colon resection plus extras

i don't want you to feel ignored but i don't know if i can be of help. if you are having normal BM with no pain, then i wonder if the bloating could be related to your other surgery. Yes, some meds can increase your food cravings. Be sure to drink lots and lots. sometimes feeling hungry is actually slight dehydration. also, water will help your body process everything better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
(female)

katedenorm HB User

Thank you for your response.

My incision has closed and I'm just keeping it covered to keep it un-annoyed.

I spoke with a nurse from the surgeon's office the other day and she suggested a mild laxitive and agreed with a low residue diet.

The surgeon does not think it is a blockage or anything and since the incision has closed completely, my swelling and bloating has lessened.

Lots of fluids being taken in. That was normal for me anyway.

Thank you again for your response. I was begining to think I would have to start my own board.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
(female)

FavoriteAuntL HB User

i also take Surfac (or generic) everyday. it helps get stuff thru the very narrow parts of my colon. maybe that will help. keep us posted

Closed Thread