It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
(male)

imaworried HB User
CT Scan nonspecific Lymph Nodes in intestine

Hello,

I have often referred to these Health boards for various aches and pains and appreciate all the helpful advice. I am in need of some advice and insight. I am not sure where to exactly post this but this is what I am worried about. Thank you in advance for your insight.

I have had pain in my lower left abdomen and occasional stabbing pains in my stomach and what seems like right under my left rib area. The lower pain tends to be mostly in the lower left above waistline and lower left side near hip bone area. I first noticed that lower pain a couple months ago but chalked it up to my usual bowel issues and it seemed to pass for awhile. For the last month or so, it has returned. The last couple of nights, I have not been able to lay on my left side from the discomfort. I have had what seems like a roller coaster lifetime of bowel issues with mostly soft stools/diarrhea with occasional exciting normal movements. My regular blood work and blood pressure, and health has otherwise always been good. But recently...last couple months mostly diarrhea. No noticeable blood though in stool, though a little on tissue towards the end of wiping. There seems to be gas and gurgling from both stomach and intestines.
Blood tests and stool tests have come back good. No Hpylori, gluten test negative, and three different stool tests. The generic cancer one, parasite one, and one other that has slipped my mind negative. regular blood panel - all normal.
A ct scan showed only "nonspecific lymph nodes" in intestines, referenced as most likely non cysts by radiologist. I have not been in to review findings but am really worried about these lymph nodes. I just want to be educated on all possibilities to discuss with doctor. If these are signs of colon cancer then it seems that when lymph nodes are involved in colon cancer, it signifies having already moved to a much higher stage.
Are these non-specific lymph nodes usually noted in ct scans or does that probably mean that they are of note in size for some reason? My wife thinks that I have a stomach ulcer but I don't think that would correlate to my lower left side pain. Could diverticulitis or something else cause stomach pain and lymph nodes to be noted in CT?
Has anyone ran into this or have any insight? By the way, 40 year old male.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread