It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
(male)

frugal HB User
Just diagnosed- surgery questions

Greetings all,
I'm a forty year old single man. After several months of bowel problems I had a colonoscopy last week. Dr. found a mass in my colon big enough that he couldn't get the scope past. Had a CT scan first thing the next morning. Got all the results today. The mass is 6cm long and definitely malignant. CT scan showed no other growths throughout my colon or abdomen. However, one nearby lymph node may be involved. So far the recommendation is surgery (partial colectomy), recovery, get back to life. I have met with one surgeon already (recommended by my GI doc). I would like to meet with at least one more surgeon before I go ahead and have the surgery done.
I'd like to know if anyone can offer any advice when choosing a surgeon? Types or variations of surgical procedures I should be aware of? My thinking is that making this decision and having this operation set the stage for my long term outcome. I'd like to make the most informed choices I can.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User
Re: Just diagnosed- surgery questions

I don't have any recommendations but if you don't get advice here check out The Colon Club. The board there is all colon cancer people with most of them below the 50 year old range. Just go to the website and click on the link at the top right of the page that says colon talk. Good luck my friend, My prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery are with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMale13 For This Useful Post:
frugal (09-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread