It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
(female)

nmhart14 HB User
thin stools, GERD, nausea HELP!

Well, I am here thankfully because I found you all on google! I have had slight nausea for a couple of months but because I take NSAIDS for Rheumatoid Arthritis (15 years now) I have had it in the past along with GERD and so when the reflux pain kicked in we began to deal with that more dilliegently by increasing medications (prevacid) and promethazine for the nausea. It is much better but the nausea is still there off and on as is the GERD discomfort. About two weeks ago I began to have soft pencil thin stools. No pain, no bleeding, normal color. Stool sample was completely normal. Now I have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for October 25th. I could not get in any sooner as we are going on a wonderful trip of a lifetime to Brazil for two weeks and they could not fit me in any sooner. Soooo....I am a wreck...taking xanax has helped some...at least I am sleeping (although upright thanks to the GERD) I am convinced that I have colon cancer and I just want to hear from someone, anyone that pencil thin stools is not a certain sigh of colon cancer and that even if it is, what are the possible outcomes? is it always deadly? Part of my problem is that I was misdiagnosed with a deadly breast cancer last year on Christmas Eve! My entire family and I were devastated...only to find out it was in error! That was wonderful news but I was truly traumatized by it and so that has certainly contributed to this fear. I just want to relax and have a good time but I don't know how to put this aside!!! HELP!
Desperate in Vermont!
Nan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: thin stools, GERD, nausea HELP!

Hi,
I dont know what your problem is. When I presented with thin stools I was given a Colonoscopy. Admitted I had Nausea and pain and alternated between constipation/diareah.
I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis and IBS. Unless you have other symptoms such as passing blood in your stools then I doubt its anything serious.
Also your Dr would have you in for tests much quicker than you have.
Go and enjoy your holiday, Ive had holidays when I thought I would never make it and have come back feeling relaxed and stress free.
Solofelix.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
nmhart14 (09-29-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
nmhart14 (09-29-2011)
Closed Thread