It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
(male)

Billyray1341 HB User
stage 4 colon cancer

I'm 43 y/o male and I was diagnosis with cancer at stage 4 colon in July after my wife died in June and last year I had stage 3 and now stage 4.they did surgery on 8/22 and found out they couldn't get it all and my abdomen is covered with cancer and I asked the Dr what my life span is with chemotherapy and he said little less then 2 years.what the Dr going to do is put me in the hospital for 3 days every 2 wks for chemo and that way with all my medical problems and something happens the nurses are thereand i start Monday my treatment. What I hate the most isn't having the Caner and it's I can't work anymore and I use to work for a county ems service and the sheriff department and volunteer for the fire department and the rescue squad. I don't mind meeting my maker at lest I'll be abile to see my wife. But I haven't got up the nerves to ask the Dr what my life span is without the chemotherapy.

Last edited by Billyray1341; 09-30-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: stage 4 colon cancer

I'm so sorry, BillyRay. I don't have any advice for you but I just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for you.

God bless, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: stage 4 colon cancer

BillyRay,

I'm so sorry you are having to go thru this. But Drs don't know everything. I have a friend who was dianosed w/ lung cancer in 06 and was given 6 months and is still here doing fine. So don't give up. He is always trying experiental drugs.

((((HUGS))))

Closed Thread