It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

alioop908 HB User
Just need to vent

My son was diagnosed with colon cancer at age 30 in 2005. He is still alive. He went through chemo and radiation, then a colostomy. Six months later it had metastasized to his liver. He had his liver resectioned and it grew back normal. During the past few years he's had two lung t umors removed, and he's been on chemo for little spots that pop up. Most recently he had a lung abscess. As soon as they got that cleared up he found out he had a tumor in his leg so they removed it (tumor in knee). He has several tumors on his brain which were shrunk with radiation, a tumor on his kidney, his lung and a small one in his back. He just had stents put in his kidneys because the doctors said the kidneys would fail within 6 weeks if they didn't do that. He is now taking chemo. Doctors say he is closing in on the end but won't give us a time. I'm frustrated, mad, and scared. However, each day this week he has called to tell me that he feels like a million dollars. No pain, no nothing, good appetite, just gained 6 pounds. What is up with this? Does anyone know? Is this a rally before the end or could a miracle be happening? Thanks for listening. I'm new here and just needed to get it out.

The following user gives a hug of support to alioop908:
slenderella (10-19-2011)
Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Just need to vent

I am so very sorry for your pain. I am a believer in miracles, wouldn't it be something if your dear son received one. I have no advise, just wanted to offer my support to you and your family. Your boy has been through so much.

God bless, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
(male)

Gordian4 HB User

That sounds terrible. Miracles can happen, but if God needs him back on the front lines upstairs then there isnt much anyone can do. I pray for him and you and in the end it will all work out the way it will. As long as you can say "we dd all we could", then there are no regrets. I am curious though. Do you have a history of colon cancer in your family? What symptoms prompted him to get a colonoscopy?

Stay strong.

Last edited by mod85; 10-20-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
(male)

Gordian4 HB User

Gods will does always win in the end, but it doesn't change the fact that a diagnosis like her son has is terrible news and hard to deal with. But keep in mind doctors dont know everything, they can in some cases only make an educated guess based off of statistics. Which in and of itself is disappointing as many cancer patients could have survived or would have had to have less treatment if Doctors would quit using stats as a crutch and actually do tests on younger adults. Its why you must ALWAYS be proactive about your own healthcare. You know your own body best.

Because when a Doctor takes a gamble on a patients health because logical statistics stack heavily in the favor of young people, its a gamble that the patient loses if they're wrong. Not the doc.

My prayers are with you.

Last edited by mod85; 10-20-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Closed Thread