It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
(female)

DustToDust HB User
Question A little worried...Colon cancer... something else? Anyone with any insight?

Okay... Where to start...

The only family member that has had colon cancer (To my knowledge...)was my Great Aunt, and she died in her late-50's after a 7 year struggle...

Other medical briefings pertaining to family history:

I also have prior knowledge that diabetes as well as smoking/heavydrinking is linked to colon cancer. My mother is a Type-1 diabetic, and my Grandmother has hypoglycemia...
My fathers' side of the family also has a history of Gallbladder problems and most of them have had their Gallbladders removed in later years...(This is just to rule out some possibilities.)

I also like to think that severe stress and depression may have a hand in this as well ...My Grandfather had recently died of bladder cancer at the age of 63 (But he had been a serious smoker since 13... and started drinking in his 20's... which merely added to the damage over the years.) I really miss him... And he's probably a major reason I suddenly grew concerned with cancers and sicknesses in general...aside from my Aunt...

As for my history: I've not had any serious medical problems.. I'm not diabetic, I've been exposed to a fair-amount of second hand smoke when I was younger (Grand-father/father/mother had been smokers). I've lead a fairly active life-style up until 2 years ago. As another detail: I'm 15 pounds overweight and my diet has been rather poor to add to that.)

...About two weeks ago, there has been a gradual change in my bowel movement. I'd like to believe that it's just unbalanced digestive issues, however.. I am a little unsure. Possible symptoms of colon cancer? Something else...? I just turned 21 so I'd like to doubt colon cancer.

I've also been thinking that this may be a potential bacterial infection...

It started out with thick and pasty stool (of a normal color) no cramping.. no gas. As well as having the feeling of not 'completely emptying'. Then, it began to drift toward pasty and watery-- Then back to pasty. Then to light and airy. Then to 'healthy' movements. Firm and compact, but soft enough to pass without pain. I've only had 'narrow' aka 'pencil-thin' once, and only once.. and it hasn't come back. It's been various shades of brown with a lot of mucous passage (Sorry about getting too descriptive.) = =

No fever, some chills... Body feels a little achy at the joints.

I lack any form of serious abdominal discomfort, have only had a little bloating and a little gas.. sometime, I even lack gas. (Possible inflammation?) Also, my stomach seems to cause a dull cramping every once in a great while... Nothing agonizing. I don't seem to have passed any blood, either. I don't feel sick, I haven't had any need to vomit... However, some of my food turns up undigested. (Mostly vegetables)
And this odd(grease?)... or that's what it looked like to me. I've passed a strange orange grease-like substance that was separate of the stool 2 times so far.

It seems like something is not breaking down properly...? and it's also got me concerned.

I had also suffered from a frequent hunger and a little fatigue. But other than that; I feel like myself. I recently bought some probiotics and it seemed to relieve the constant hunger and is correcting some of the issue (been using them for 3 days so far...) Which leads me to believe that I am lacking "Good" bacteria and/or am suffering a bad bacterial infection.

I've also been belching quite a bit... moreso than typical.

...I also know that a bacterial infection causes similar symptoms.

I'm uncertain though... and... this came out jumbled and unorganized...sorry. I'm just under a lot of stress.

Everyone says that I'm going to be fine, that it's most likely a minor issue and will pass... I feel like a hypochondriac. But-- I feel like I should be concerned.

Any clues on what this could possibly be... would help.

Last edited by DustToDust; 11-03-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread