It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
(male)

patrick5 HB User
Abdominal discomfort and shortness of breath. Colon Cancer ?

I am 18 years old male, and have recently been experiencing abdominal pain, gassy pressure, bloating, thin stools, shortness in breath, occasional sharp pains in what seems would be colon(both sides and upper and lower abs), sometimes I feel like I need to have a bowel movement even if I just went, sometimes the pain feels like hunger even if i just ate, sometimes my stomach makes growling noises even if i just ate as well, the pain occasionally moves to my lower back. It started one day when I used the restroom and I finished but i felt like i needed to go more so I pushed a lot harder and recently after, my stool looked red and when i wiped it was bright red. I didn't have the pain at the time, but after words when I looked up red stool I got really worried and then started noticing the abdominal pains and other symptoms.. I went to the doctor and was prescribed laxatives and later purchased gas-x. It has been about a week since the bloody stool and I haven't experienced bloody stool other than the 1 time, but my stool is thin and light colored. The medications haven't seemed to help. I am really worried and constantly looking up causes of it. I dont have much of an appetite either but that might be because i'm stressing myself out over it. I feel hungry, eat a little, and then no longer want to eat. I would appreciate some kind of opinion.
P.S. I smoke marijuana heavily (started to stop cause of symptoms), and I consider myself in good shape, I played football in high school and worked out a lot, recently not as much.

Pleaseee help! thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
(male)

ImSad HB User
Re: Abdominal discomfort and shortness of breath. Colon Cancer ?

Hey Patrick,

I am also an 18 year old male and worried about having colon or bowel cancer. I've been having abdominal discomfort for nearly 2 months now.

1) Can you describe your abdominal discomfort/pain?

and

2) Can you describe the red stool more? Bright or dark red? Was is it in liquid form, or were just some small pieces of your stool red?

Closed Thread