It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
(male)

dan5324 HB User
Advice appreciated

Hey everyone

Im a 20 year old male who has been suffering from minor on-off pain in the abdomen. It first started whenever i put pressure on my belly button. Now it seems to hurt without pressure except the pain appears all over the abdomen although it is not a constant pain and no pain is felt when pressure is put on these areas other than the belly button. I have been to to the doctor who originally diagnosed it as a duodenal ulcer. The pain then got more intense so i made a trip to A&E. It was then diagnosed as a hernia. I also told the the doctor at A&E about bloody stools sometimes with mucus, who then carried out a "back passage" examination who said this was most likely caused by straining to heavy as i lack fibre in my diet. The pain then subsided for a week but came back the following monday although mild and exactly crippling pain. I went back to A&E and they didnt really no. They advised me to ask my GP for a colonoscopy and camera down throat (forgot the name). But my GP has advised waiting for a couple of weeks and has prescribed me some omerprazole and gaviscon. If nothing is better i have to go back and arrange tests. I dont have weight loss, fever or loss of appetite. I know i am young but it isnt impossible and i just wondering are these symptonms linked with bowel cancer? On physical examination my abdomen apparently feels very normal and nothing of concern.

Many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread