It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
(female)

papercraft HB User
terrified.... :(

hi all, hoping to get some feedback/info/advice. or just hear other similar stories as i'm pretty worried right now.

last night i woke up with a stabbing pain in my abdomen.....sort of the left side of the tummy. it felt like a really sharp gas pain....you know that bloaty, farty feeling you get when you need to fart? well it was like that, but really painful and sharp. i had the sensation i needed to do a huge fart but nothing came out. i went to the bathroom and sat there for a while waiting for the gas to move through or pass or come out, but nothing. i passed a bowel movement (normal, not diarrhoea but not constipated/hard to get out either) eventually and when i wiped, there was bright red blood on the paper. i felt like i was about to pass out i got so scared. i went back to bed and the stabby gas pains eventually passed and today i've been pretty ok (apart from worried sick). i did a bm after getting home today and it was normal...came out normal and no blood that i could see (and no blood on the paper either).

i've had this gut stabbing pain once before, i woke up in the night and it was more painful the first time, but there was no blood that time. i literally sat on the bowl that first time for AGES, and felt really feverish/hot, but in a cold sweat. and felt faint/about to pass out.

this second time i woke up really sweaty, like i don't usually sweat that much at all and last night i woke up covered in sweat.

these stabbing tummy attacks seem to happen in the night when i'm asleep so far. when it happened the first time, i assumed it was a bad reaction to something i'd eaten, but last night for dinner i had really generic plain food, like nothing that you'd think would cause an upset tummy.

i've been googling and looking up websites on symptoms all day but just not sure what it could be. it sounds like it could be inflammatory bowel syndrome or crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis but again, i'm not sure.

i know i should go talk to my GP but just terrified he'll make me have a colonoscopy and then find a tumour or something. has anyone had these symptoms before? any advice as to what it could be?

i'm 31 btw.

thanks.

Last edited by papercraft; 12-01-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
(female)

TerriD HB User
Re: terrified.... :(

Hello,
The only way to put your mind at ease, (if you're that concerned) is to see the Dr. and to have the colonoscopy.

I'm 51 and just had my first colonoscopy last Monday (Nov 28th). Like you I was terrified to have one so I put it off a year. I have to tell you, that although the prep isn't fun, it's doable. The colonoscopy is nothing. I felt like I took a minute long nap and that was it. I didn't know or feel a thing.

It would be worth putting your mind at ease and a lot less scary IMO, than wondering annd worrying about having colon cancer.

I read a lot on the internet too and have thought I had symptoms for all kinds of illnesses, which turned out to be wrong.

Hope you are able to get some peace about this.

Take care,

Terri

Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
(female)

Cookiely HB User
Re: terrified.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercraft View Post
hi all, hoping to get some feedback/info/advice. or just hear other similar stories as i'm pretty worried right now.

last night i woke up with a stabbing pain in my abdomen.....sort of the left side of the tummy. it felt like a really sharp gas pain....you know that bloaty, farty feeling you get when you need to fart? well it was like that, but really painful and sharp. i had the sensation i needed to do a huge fart but nothing came out. i went to the bathroom and sat there for a while waiting for the gas to move through or pass or come out, but nothing. i passed a bowel movement (normal, not diarrhoea but not constipated/hard to get out either) eventually and when i wiped, there was bright red blood on the paper. i felt like i was about to pass out i got so scared. i went back to bed and the stabby gas pains eventually passed and today i've been pretty ok (apart from worried sick). i did a bm after getting home today and it was normal...came out normal and no blood that i could see (and no blood on the paper either).

i've had this gut stabbing pain once before, i woke up in the night and it was more painful the first time, but there was no blood that time. i literally sat on the bowl that first time for AGES, and felt really feverish/hot, but in a cold sweat. and felt faint/about to pass out.

this second time i woke up really sweaty, like i don't usually sweat that much at all and last night i woke up covered in sweat.

these stabbing tummy attacks seem to happen in the night when i'm asleep so far. when it happened the first time, i assumed it was a bad reaction to something i'd eaten, but last night for dinner i had really generic plain food, like nothing that you'd think would cause an upset tummy.

i've been googling and looking up websites on symptoms all day but just not sure what it could be. it sounds like it could be inflammatory bowel syndrome or crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis but again, i'm not sure.

i know i should go talk to my GP but just terrified he'll make me have a colonoscopy and then find a tumour or something. has anyone had these symptoms before? any advice as to what it could be?

i'm 31 btw.

thanks.
I wonder if it could be your gallbladder? It sounds like dumping sydrome. My older sister suffers from it. Fair fat female over forty = gallbladder attack.

Closed Thread