It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
(male)

davese HB User
Red face hard black stuff in stool and black flecks.

ok, i just had a bm and for some reason i decided to check my wipe and noticed on the tp that their was some black flecks with small but bigger black bits. the bigger black parts were hard and crusty and reminded of the burnt chicken wings i ate last night, so i am thinking that maybe it is just some undigested burnt chicken wing skins. fyi, they where burnt on both ends of the wings and i ate about a half dozen or more. after inspecting the rest of my stool their appeared to be nothing abnormal about it just at the end of the wipe i had noticed the black flecks and black pebble sized parts. which i grabbed one of the bigger black bits and broke it up with a pencil on my bathroom counter and it broke apart similar to a charred piece of food.
is this how blood would show up in your stool or does it usually have a far more likely characteristic.
going to the doctor on monday for sure but some insight would be appreciated.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Re: hard black stuff in stool and black flecks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelizewski View Post
ok, i just had a bm and for some reason i decided to check my wipe and noticed on the tp that their was some black flecks with small but bigger black bits. the bigger black parts were hard and crusty and reminded of the burnt chicken wings i ate last night, so i am thinking that maybe it is just some undigested burnt chicken wing skins. fyi, they where burnt on both ends of the wings and i ate about a half dozen or more. after inspecting the rest of my stool their appeared to be nothing abnormal about it just at the end of the wipe i had noticed the black flecks and black pebble sized parts. which i grabbed one of the bigger black bits and broke it up with a pencil on my bathroom counter and it broke apart similar to a charred piece of food.
is this how blood would show up in your stool or does it usually have a far more likely characteristic.
going to the doctor on monday for sure but some insight would be appreciated.
I wouldn't worry about that, if it was blood it would be black, have a horrible odor, and look like tar.

Iron supplements, chocolate, pepto bismol, Blueberries, and Black licorice can all cause black stool.

hugs to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy65 For This Useful Post:
davese (12-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
(male)

davese HB User

thx but i didnt eat anything of what you posted, but the description of what it should be is comforting i will have to see if it happens again.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Blood in stool doesn't look like that, like Daisy said, it's sticky. Your body can't digest char, so it probably did just pass straight through.

A little ash in food is normal and harmless, but next time, try to scrape off more of the burnt matter.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
davese (12-14-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
thx but i didnt eat anything of what you posted, but the description of what it should be is comforting i will have to see if it happens again.

There are many other foods that can cause this, but I bet it was the chared food you ate. I won't eat red velvet cake because it turns stool red, I hate that even though I know what it is, and carrots will do that too, I can't think of all the different food that does this. Keep in mind it takes at least three days for the food that caused this to go through your system. Blue icing will turn your stool green, I could go on and on. I really don't think you need to worry abou this one.

hugs to you!

davese (12-14-2011)
Old 12-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
(male)

davese HB User

ok guys well i didnt have time to go to the doctors yesterday and today, i had to help people move and had not noticed any thing abnormal about my stool until this morning when i woke up and had an unussualy large bm with much more black stuff, it was tarry this time, not hard and checking the rest of the stool it also seemed to have some weird texture about it sort of mushroomy if that helps, it still broke apart. also, i've had some right oblique pain which made it hard for me to lay on for the past week and a half, but i did get into a physical confrontation around the same time so i just assumed i had stretched my muscles or bruised a rib, now i think the pain is unrelated to the fight and more towards something internal?
tomorrow i have no plans so i am going to the doctors for sure.
i dont know what to ask them or what to expect so any info would help.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
ok guys well i didnt have time to go to the doctors yesterday and today, i had to help people move and had not noticed any thing abnormal about my stool until this morning when i woke up and had an unussualy large bm with much more black stuff, it was tarry this time, not hard and checking the rest of the stool it also seemed to have some weird texture about it sort of mushroomy if that helps, it still broke apart. also, i've had some right oblique pain which made it hard for me to lay on for the past week and a half, but i did get into a physical confrontation around the same time so i just assumed i had stretched my muscles or bruised a rib, now i think the pain is unrelated to the fight and more towards something internal?
tomorrow i have no plans so i am going to the doctors for sure.
i dont know what to ask them or what to expect so any info would help.
Just tell them what you have told us, and then that will give them some idea of what it going on.

I have had tarry stools, and muscus in my stools and it was NOT cancer. I ate fat free stuff and that changed the looks of my stool and made me sick. I had to go back to my regular diet and cut out most of the dairy products that I ate.

I wish you the best of luck!
hugs and prayers for you!

davese (12-14-2011)
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
(male)

davese HB User

thanks for the help guys, i went to my doctors last week and he didn't seem to concerned and prescribed an occult test for my stool so i have been doing that for the last three days and sent that in, now waiting results. i believe he thinks it was constipation but i cant be sure about that because he never directly said it, but he did tell me to include more fiber into my diet.
just had a few more questions and would give a little more information, since i had that large bowel movement with the black tarry substances the pain in my side has gone down considerably, but a week later it is still sore, i think i notice it more with the more food i eat, my bowl movements have been considerably larger than normal also i havent noticed any black tarry substances since but i have noticed some black flecks maybe a centimeter piece or two or sort of small peppery flecks.
if you were having (black tarry)blood in your stools would you continue to see it or does it go away then eventually come back?
does this sound familiar to anybody?

Closed Thread