It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
(male)

discofever13 HB User
Unhappy 22 year old, is everything okay?

Hey, about a month ago I found blood in my stool on 3 separate occasions about 2 days apart from eachother... I also had abdominal pain and feeling of always needing to make a bowel movement. The symptoms only lasted about 2 weeks and the doctor told me it is probably only hemorrhoids. My symptoms have settled down now, but I am still having anxiety. Could I possibly have colon cancer and is anything I should be worried about? (I am a 22 year old male)

thanks for your time.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: 22 year old, is everything okay?

Is is possible that it is colon cancer, but not very likely. If you have no history in your family of early onset colon cancer, the chances of you having it at your age are quite remote.
Your doctor is correct that the most likely answer is hemorrhoids. That having been said, I am a firm believer of trusting your instincts. If your gut is truly telling you that something is amiss, follow up with it if you can. Otherwise track what you are eating for a while as it could be simply something you ate that you were hypersensitive to.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread