It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
(male)

gynks HB User
Issues with number 2

For about the past year I have been having all kinds of issues with number 2. I used to be pretty regular but now I only go once evry 3 days. When I do go, it normally comes out as one big one, then I struggle for the next few minutes and thye are mostly real thin small ones that come out next (sorry for being so graphic). All the time it feels like I still have to go and when I stand up it seems like something goes back inside me. I havent noticed a ny blood and had a colonoscpoy about 7 years ago which found nothing, not even a single polyp. Does this sound like colon cancer to anybody or something else? If these were colon cancer symptoms would I be experiencing anything else yet since its been a year? Thanks.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
(male)

gynks HB User
Re: Issues with number 2

Wow, almost 500 viewsand nobody has any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
(male)

kizdan67 HB User

How is your fiber intake? After finding out I have diverticulosis, I had no choice but to increase my fiber intake. After increasing, I am quite regular and consistent.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

If you are worried, I would suggest you go to the doctor to put your mind at rest. It could be indeed that you need more fiber.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynks View Post
For about the past year I have been having all kinds of issues with number 2. I used to be pretty regular but now I only go once evry 3 days. When I do go, it normally comes out as one big one, then I struggle for the next few minutes and thye are mostly real thin small ones that come out next (sorry for being so graphic). All the time it feels like I still have to go and when I stand up it seems like something goes back inside me. I havent noticed a ny blood and had a colonoscpoy about 7 years ago which found nothing, not even a single polyp. Does this sound like colon cancer to anybody or something else? If these were colon cancer symptoms would I be experiencing anything else yet since its been a year? Thanks.
I don't think you have cancer,more like constipation. Drink drinking lots of water and slowly increase your fiber intake to 25-35 grams a day. Use fiber supplement like citrucell( I like it because it doesn't cause excess gas) at least twice a day. I found this part for me the most important to keep from getting constipated : I sit on the toilet everyday at the same time for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. I don't strain or force my bowel movements out instead I take long slow deep breaths continuously until I have had a bowel movement. If I do this everyday then I have no problems with the constipation. The water and fiber help keep your BM's soft but firm enough so that they're formed. Some people take an 8 oz. glass of warmed prune juice(not hot) in the morning at breakfast and another one before bed and then they have a BM right away in the morning when they get up or after they eat breakfast. I hope this helps you with your constipation issues.

Closed Thread